Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Truck lite Phase 7 LED install

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2013, 05:53 AM
Johnnypbravo
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Truck lite Phase 7 LED install

Hi everyone,
I've just installed the Truck Lite Phase 7 LED headlight and noticed when I tested it that when I switch to high beams my driving lights shut off and come back on as soon as I go to low beam. Does anyone know if this is normal? The driving lights are still halogen.
I also purchased a visor trim ring to go on this bad boy, but for the life of me cannot get it over the little metal tabs at the top of the headlight assembly. Has anyone run into this problem?
It goes without saying that any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you.

Old 03-31-2013, 06:12 AM
gunnerchevy
Cruiser

Yup thats normal.

Old 03-31-2013, 07:09 AM
Bone Doc
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 10,913 Likes on 4,135 Posts

That is normal operation in a stock Harley. It worked that way with your stock incandescent headlight as well. If you want the passing lamps to remain on with the high beams you need the Independent control auxiliary lamp wire harness kit.

Harley part: 69200442

http://www.harley-davidson.com/gma/g...1&default=none

You mentioned a visor "trim ring". Do you mean the visor itself or an actual trim ring? In many cases, the headlamp doesn't require a new trim ring. The passing lamps do. What year and model bike do you have? What trim ring do you have? You don't have enough posts to upload a picture. As far as the headlamp visor goes, most have some difficulty getting it to fit. You just have to have patience and a little ingenuity.

Last edited by Bone Doc; 03-31-2013 at 07:18 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 03-31-2013, 07:33 AM
Johnnypbravo
Novice

Excellent. Thanks guys for your quick replies. I didn't even realize my headlights were acting in this fashion before I swapped out the headlight. Duh!
I have an 04 Heritage Classic and will drop by the local dealer and pick up that harness. Don't have the scratch right now to get the LED passing lamps since I did the real lights as well.
It is the visor I'm replacing and not the ring. It is a workout!

Old 03-31-2013, 07:38 AM
ronherman
Tourer

Kuryakyn has that wire harness also here is the link to it: http://www.kuryakyn.com/Products/428...g-Lamp-Harness
Hope this helps

Old 04-01-2013, 03:09 PM
Johnnypbravo
Novice

Dropped by the local dealer and ordered the harness and while I was at it decided to get the HD LED signal lights for the front. Read where the tank had to be moved to install this harness and one of the mechanics showed me on of there machines exactly what had to be done. Will attempt next weekend along with that d#mn visor and update. Thank you.

Old 04-01-2013, 03:17 PM
Vic Bronco
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Johnnypbravo
Excellent. Thanks guys for your quick replies. I didn't even realize my headlights were acting in this fashion before I swapped out the headlight. Duh!
I have an 04 Heritage Classic and will drop by the local dealer and pick up that harness. Don't have the scratch right now to get the LED passing lamps since I did the real lights as well.
It is the visor I'm replacing and not the ring. It is a workout!
I have one still in the box sitting in my garage. Let me know if you want it and PM me an offer. I bought it thinking it would work on a Deluxe, but it turns out it won't. Only difference between mine and the one you'll get from the dealer is that I opened the box and there may be a few greasy fingerprints here or there on it.

Old 04-01-2013, 03:18 PM
Vic Bronco
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I forgot to mention that I'm in Canada as well, so no need to worry about customs/duty/international shipping rates.

Old 06-04-2013, 12:23 PM
Harvard100
Stage II

If you are interested in the brighter Harley style LED lights and do not want to pay the higher prices, just pick up a JW Speaker LED headlight, they make them for Harley, only difference is it does not have HD on it......but national4wd.com offers them for 389.00 CAD for the 7inch headlight, they buy direct from JW Speaker, I have them on my 05 Heritage along with the independent passing light control harness as mentioned above, and it is like riding in daylight all of the time!

Old 06-05-2013, 12:07 PM
hdgzr
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2,895 Likes on 823 Posts

Best bang for the buck is the Truck-Lite. Went through Discount Fleet Supply, and got the headlight and both driving lights for 389 bills...

Quick Reply: Truck lite Phase 7 LED install