Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Deluxe Floorboard support part number

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2007, 10:04 PM
IRready
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Deluxe Floorboard support part number

I have a question / problem. I want to put HD passenger floorboards on my deluxe. I had a friend give me a set off his heritage softail, which includes the support brackets. I asked the dealer if these will work, and he said no. The part number he says I need for the support brackets are 50400-05. These are indeed the ones that the HD parts book call for, but I have been told by two people I need a different bracket set up due to the fact I have removed the stock pipes. I do not want to buy the wrong set up. Can anyone help that has done this? I do know the set off the heritage has two brackets that each have the "U" shaped fitting while the one in the book has only one support bracket with this "U". Itook the regular footpegs brackets off, and the studs (bolts) on the Heritage brackets are larger in diameter so the will not screw in the existing threaded reciever. These are off a heritage approximately 1992 model.Thanks for any help. I have the 2-1 Pro Pipes on the bike.

Old 02-15-2007, 11:55 PM
cowboy Harry
Road Warrior
Default RE: Deluxe Floorboard support part number

Their are two different rear passenger floorboard brackets from the heritage that will work on your Deluxe. One will position the board higher and one will position the boards lower. I put the higher one on my Deluxe cause the ole ladys legs aint that long. I dont have the part #s handy just right now. I will see ifn I can find them.[8D]

Old 02-16-2007, 01:37 AM
IRready
Road Master

Man I appreciate this. My wife is tall for a lady, 5'9". I suspect I will need the lower units. Thank you for your help. I need this information.

Old 02-16-2007, 01:38 AM
JonnyD
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

IR, this was a thorn in my a$$ when I went to change out the exhaust on my Deluxe, and the dealer was no help. After much trouble and going back and forth with the parts counter droans, it is simple and heres what you need, but I don't have the part number; but just go to the dealer and tell them you need the exhaust side(right) bracket for a Heritage. It's just like the bracket already on the bike now, on the left side, but has the proper angle on it to pitch the right side floorboard at the proper angle when installed. Cost me $35, and I was done. By the way, I have a complete set of thesupports that bolt onto the boards themselves, if interested. I can save you some $$ on that, they cost $160 at the dealer. Then all they will soak you for is the boards at $190! I included a pic that shows what the parts look like, the black ones are what you need, one of which is already on the bike. I hope this makes sense, email me if you need any more assistance. It's still kinda fresh in my mind.

Old 02-16-2007, 02:46 AM
IRready
Road Master

I PM'd you. I will send you some pics I just took if you will PM me a email addy. Thanks a lot for your help.

Old 02-17-2007, 02:28 PM
IRready
Road Master

If anyone needs to know, here is the part number for the Exhaust side frame mounted bracket for the Deluxe. You will need this if you change your stock pipes and want to install passenger floorboards. This is just the small bracket that has the "U" shaped piece that uses the swing arm for support, much like the piece you have on the opposit side. It is part number 50481-00. I believe it is made for later model Heritage bikes. Anyway, I hope this saves someone a big pain in the azz. Thekit HD sells specifically for the deluxe (#50400-05)only works with stock pipes. Thispart cost $34.00, cheap for HD standards. After you have this installed, you should be able to use HD support brackets and standard floorboards.