Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Heartland 200 Conversion on a Slim...

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2013 | 05:57 AM
brettnbama
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by Not2slim
Dang, all kind of haters. I think it looks awesome. Forget all that "it takes away from the look"
No one was hating on it. In fact, I said that I wasn't hating. Bottom line is a slim with a 200 tire looks like a fat boy lo. Doesn't look bad, just not the look I think of when I see the slim. Idiot

Old 03-28-2013 | 06:44 AM
SoCalSoftailSlim
Elite HDF Member

Don't hate it. Just don't see the point when you coulda just bought a FB if that's what you wanted to begin with.

Old 03-28-2013 | 07:34 AM
ANIMALHOUSE
Cruiser

I like it!

Old 03-28-2013 | 08:16 AM
gregeinsc
Road Captain

I swear I don't know where the hell some of you people are coming from. Have you even sat on a FB LO? Have you test rode one?? Probably not. Judging from the posts and threads on this forum, most Slim owners are first time HD buyers. You need to give up on this "look of the bike" mystique mumbo jumbo bull s h ~! t. Guys throw 200's on Rocker C's and OH MAN THAT IS THE ****!! Guys throw 200+ on Nighttrain's and OH MAN THAT IS SICK!! Guy throws a 200 on a Slim and it's a tongue in cheek "nice, but you ruined the bike".

I actually tried out the FB LO before I bought a Slim. Two totally different bikes; different ride, different feel all together. A fatter rear tire doesn't make it a Fat Boy.

Old 03-28-2013 | 08:28 AM
jessefordham
Intermediate

Originally Posted by gregeinsc
I swear I don't know where the hell some of you people are coming from. Have you even sat on a FB LO? Have you test rode one?? Probably not. Judging from the posts and threads on this forum, most Slim owners are first time HD buyers. You need to give up on this "look of the bike" mystique mumbo jumbo bull s h ~! t. Guys throw 200's on Rocker C's and OH MAN THAT IS THE ****!! Guys throw 200+ on Nighttrain's and OH MAN THAT IS SICK!! Guy throws a 200 on a Slim and it's a tongue in cheek "nice, but you ruined the bike".

I actually tried out the FB LO before I bought a Slim. Two totally different bikes; different ride, different feel all together. A fatter rear tire doesn't make it a Fat Boy.

Not sure if your getting the point, no one said about ride, but LOOKS. I sat on a fatboy lo, slim and blackline before I picked my blackline. A slim, as many know, is nothing but the front of a fatboy, and the *** of a blackline. So in short, you take a SLIM and put a 200 tire on the back, you have, hold on wait for it, a Fatboy.

Now saying that yes I feel the same way about it, the point of a slim, like the blackline, is to have a skinny tire for better handling. But those rims and the fender do make it look good, and to each their own, but the point ppl are making still stands.

Old 03-28-2013 | 09:01 AM
gregeinsc
Road Captain

WOW thanks Jesse for explaining that to me. Now it all make sense. Me and my ignorance. So, is a Heritage a Fat Boy with bags and laced rims? So that would make a Deluxe a Fat Boy with a bunch O'chrome and a bigger front fender. And the Softail Standard is just a what...oh yeah a Night Train with chrome...or is the Night Train a blacked out Softail Standard? Thanks for the insight genius.

Old 03-28-2013 | 09:44 AM
Lightafatty
Tourer

Looks good! For me it don't matter what model Harley you start out with. Upgrading a Harley is half the fun of owning one.

Old 03-28-2013 | 09:52 AM
alcotune
Tourer

Originally Posted by gregeinsc
WOW thanks Jesse for explaining that to me. Now it all make sense. Me and my ignorance. So, is a Heritage a Fat Boy with bags and laced rims? So that would make a Deluxe a Fat Boy with a bunch O'chrome and a bigger front fender. And the Softail Standard is just a what...oh yeah a Night Train with chrome...or is the Night Train a blacked out Softail Standard? Thanks for the insight genius.
Yes you are somewhat correct. A nighttrain is a blacked out standard and the custom is a chromed out standard. They are the same bike with a few cosmetic changes (handle bars, seat, etc).

I never did understand why HD made as many variations of the same bike as with the heritage, deluxe and a few different fatboys.

Old 03-28-2013 | 10:06 AM
Kowan
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by alcotune
Yes you are somewhat correct. A nighttrain is a blacked out standard and the custom is a chromed out standard. They are the same bike with a few cosmetic changes (handle bars, seat, etc).

I never did understand why HD made as many variations of the same bike as with the heritage, deluxe and a few different fatboys.
They watch and listen for trends hoping to offer what the riders want in a model.
Harley owners will change it around no matter what the factory ships out.

Old 03-28-2013 | 11:20 AM
SoCalSoftailSlim
Elite HDF Member

Different strokes for different folks. Not everyone's gonna dig a given mod. I honestly don't think Harleys need half the crap we put on em, especially skulls and flames, haha.

But that's just me. When I make your bike payments, then I can tell you what to do with your bike.

My opinion on the fat tire on a Slim. You don't have to agree with it, and that's fine. It would suck if all Harleys looked the same, after all.

Quick Reply: Heartland 200 Conversion on a Slim...