Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Duece tank lift with Chubby Wild 1 W0560?

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2013, 10:51 AM
JCB75
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Duece tank lift with Chubby Wild 1 W0560?

Like the title says. Anyone tried it? Bars are on their way and wonder how much lift can be gained? I'll see when I install but don't know how long that will be. Also, do you think there might be a way to get in the tank and fix the fuel access loss by moving hoses around or something? Does it have hoses? Even though gauge is inaccurate i wonder if anything can be done about it also?

Old 03-27-2013, 11:18 AM
Village Idiot™
Stellar HDF Member
Received 65 Likes on 41 Posts

With the stock bars on the stock risers, I needed a 1.5-2" riser spacer so that my risers wouldn't touch the tank at full lock. If you're using the stock risers, you'll either need spacers or a lower lift. I have the 3" tank lift.

Old 03-27-2013, 11:29 AM
Dead Creek Cycles
Former Sponsor
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Like Village Idiot said, if you use stock risers, you will need a spacer if you want to go with a 3" lift. You can go with a 2" lift with stock risers and have no clearance issues. Since you are going with apes, you should be fine on clearance. The best way to tell is to start with the riser/bar setup you will be using, then unbolt the front tank bolt and remove it. Then, loosen (but do not remove) the nut holding down the back of the tank. Now, you can raise the front of the tank to the height you plan to go with and turn the bars all the way left and right and make sure that nothing will hit the tank. You can use a thick folded towel to prop up the tank while you are turning the bars if you don't have a helper.

Hope this helps.

Old 03-27-2013, 11:55 AM
Kowan
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I used Novello riser extensions on mine.
I'd suggest using Dead Creek Cycles method to see how high you want to go before ordering a tank lift kit.
That way you can see if you don't mine seeing the plumbing under the tank the 3" exposes before ordering.

Old 03-27-2013, 11:57 AM
JCB75
Novice

Good towel tip. The W0560's are drags with welded risers. Check them here. There's seems to be two different rise measurements on their site. One says 4" and one says 5". On a deuce they require an adapter as in here. This is to protect the triple tree but it looks like it will provide a small amount of lift. Guess we'll see. No one has any ideas about the fuel loss and gauge issue?

Old 03-27-2013, 12:04 PM
JCB75
Novice

Originally Posted by Kowan
I used Novello riser extensions on mine.
I'd suggest using Dead Creek Cycles method to see how high you want to go before ordering a tank lift kit.
That way you can see if you don't mine seeing the plumbing under the tank the 3" exposes before ordering.
Yeah, think I will. I see a lot of folks using 2" versus 3". Must be a reason.

Old 03-27-2013, 12:07 PM
Kowan
Ultimate HDF Member

Since both the Deuce and Rocker share the same tank, our fuel line connect is further back than the typical tank. We don't end up with as large a dead space of unusable fuel.

I chose a 2" lift since I didn't like the 3" look and it's an even smaller dead space.

Old 03-27-2013, 12:09 PM
JCB75
Novice

I'm liking the look of these. These look pretty tall. Would you say 3"?

Old 03-27-2013, 12:11 PM
JCB75
Novice

Originally Posted by Kowan
Since both the Deuce and Rocker share the same tank, our fuel line connect is further back than the typical tank. We don't end up with as large a dead space of unusable fuel.

I chose a 2" lift since I didn't like the 3" look and it's an even smaller dead space.
Have you ran it out to see how much you have lost? I love this mod but man I hate shortening my miles. Sometimes I forget this **** ain't running on batteries! lol

Old 03-27-2013, 12:12 PM
Kowan
Ultimate HDF Member

It looks like it might be a 3". If you look at Village Idiot's 3", his does a great job of flowing the seat lines into the tank.

Quick Reply: Duece tank lift with Chubby Wild 1 W0560?