Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cholos Questions ..

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2013 | 09:54 AM
klf33
|
Outstanding HDF Member
Default Cholos Questions ..

Okay guys. I'm thinking these cholos are in my near future questions....
1 - can you get them with quiet baffles? I'm not into too loud pipes. And I have a good arrangement with the cops in my area that I would like to maintain
2 - who is the best price supplier? And expected shipping time?
3- fair to assume my swing arm bag is a gonner?
4 - corner scraping. I do drag my current board and pipes. How much worse would the situation be with the 33s? How well it does on stock vs slammed heights?

I appreciate all your inputs. Let the VICLAization begin

Old 03-21-2013 | 10:21 AM
tbonetony06
Outstanding HDF Member

Hey Dude, what's up? I too will be watching this thread. I have a set of 39"s sitting here waiting for install. Those are good questions and here are a few answer's I got from others here who has gone before us. I scrap now so I am sure I will scrap even more once they are on. I accept that already. I will probably have to lift my bike all the way up with the Shotgun just to get out of my driveway. People who don't have them or like them say how dumb it is to have pipes that in order for you to use them you have to do those kinds of things to make them work better, properly or to scrap. I actually had these pipes in mind when I got the Shotgun, it's another reason I went with the Shotgun. I am also going to be getting my baffles cut down when on the Dyno to get the best of tune, back pressure and horsepower as I can get. I also want to leave enough baffle to at least make an attempt of keeping my neighbors off of my back. We get along fairly well I don't want to start anything when pulling my bike out at 4;30 in the morning for work. I know I will lose a little of both, H.P. and torque, but I'm not that concerned about it. It is my opinion that there is always some kind of trade off. If all I have to do to get out of my driveway is to pump it up so be it. I'll just slam it again once I'm out and then on the way home as I am coming down my street, just lift the bike again in anticipation of getting back in my drive way. I am also getting my bike Dyno'd when it is done with all the mods so I will have some performance news then too. The rest is all about fun and being different. I would think, even without the Shotgun, one could find a way to ride their bike or alter how they ride and keep from scarping or digging in with new pipes. In another thread a guy here said how he loves to do "Canyon carving" and he just altered how he rides and he doesn't scrap. I live in an area that's as flat as a pancake, I don't have those types of roads around here so I guess we both will find out soon enough. Good luck and ride safe, both of us, until we get used to our new mods and how it rides and handle's.

Last edited by tbonetony06; 03-21-2013 at 10:30 AM.
Old 03-21-2013 | 10:24 AM
klf33
|
Outstanding HDF Member

Thanks man,
Do you know where I can get good pricing online on those ?. I am not going 39 so 33 is probably going to be easier in and out of my drive way I also have to turn my bike around in my garage, something I can do probably much easier in a 33 than in a 39 .

Old 03-21-2013 | 10:41 AM
tbonetony06
Outstanding HDF Member

I had "issues" with trying to order these pipes from a vendor, being told they don't make these pipes for my bike. How he came to that conclusion is beyond me. I pissed with this guy for 3 days trying to get these pipes and I finally said F@#* it and I went directly to Samson. I have paid a little more for some of my parts but I got what I wanted and on the 1st try too. That has value for me as well as anything else. As for the 33''s, if thats what you want Dude, that's all that matter's. I am trying to give my bike the illusion of being a little longer than it actually is. I want it to look low and as long as I can make it look and these pipes can help me achieve that. We ALL are doing for our OWN thing and to make it look unique. That's half the fun right there, IMHO !!!

Old 03-21-2013 | 10:47 AM
Motown Strag
Road Warrior

M&M cycles best price free shipping

Old 03-21-2013 | 12:38 PM
klf33
|
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by Motown Strag
Thanks Motown, will check them out, I think they will charge me to Canada

Does anybody have input on noise levels ? how to dampen them a bit ?

Old 03-21-2013 | 02:11 PM
thelawnmowerman
Road Warrior

Real men go with 39's or longer......33's are for tart's .....lol

Old 03-21-2013 | 02:50 PM
jsimmons6703
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Motown Strag
Great to work with also!

Old 03-21-2013 | 03:14 PM
Raddazzz
Road Captain

I got the 33 inch baffled pipes on my 1997 heritage and love them. Third set of pipes in the 10 years I have owned the bike. The fishtails stick out past the back of the rear fender about 8 inches so still easy to trip over if your in a hurry walking around the bike. Sound f#ckin sweet when your on the gas but never ear piercing loud. I have the shotgun shock and they are still easy to scrap all the way up. Just have to adapt your riding style. I thought about bolting a carbide bolt on the lower rear fishtail to rub before the pipe hits the pavement. I bought mine from dr. vtwin who is not in biz anymore..

Old 03-21-2013 | 03:18 PM
klf33
|
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by Raddazzz
I got the 33 inch baffled pipes on my 1997 heritage and love them. Third set of pipes in the 10 years I have owned the bike. The fishtails stick out past the back of the rear fender about 8 inches so still easy to trip over if your in a hurry walking around the bike. Sound f#ckin sweet when your on the gas but never ear piercing loud. I have the shotgun shock and they are still easy to scrap all the way up. Just have to adapt your riding style. I thought about bolting a carbide bolt on the lower rear fishtail to rub before the pipe hits the pavement. I bought mine from dr. vtwin who is not in biz anymore..
Thanks Man, this info is worrying me a bit ... I like corners, I like them very much, I got the ShotGun shocks only so I can ride low straight but when doing twisties I can wring it on its ear... ...
what to do now... I love the long fishtails.. is there a way I can maybe raise them a bit ? or maybe look at the next size down..

Quick Reply: Cholos Questions ..