Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cholos Questions ..

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2013 | 04:16 PM
Motown Strag
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by klf33
Thanks Man, this info is worrying me a bit ... I like corners, I like them very much, I got the ShotGun shocks only so I can ride low straight but when doing twisties I can wring it on its ear... ...
what to do now... I love the long fishtails.. is there a way I can maybe raise them a bit ? or maybe look at the next size down..

Vicla-style bikes arent canyon carvers...no one bike does it all. At some point opening one door will close another.

decisions decisions...I have to say I was surprised to see you interested in cholos because I always thought your bike had a great look that hasnt been done to death, why just have another cholo bike?

Old 03-21-2013 | 04:23 PM
klf33
|
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by Motown Strag
Vicla-style bikes arent canyon carvers...no one bike does it all. At some point opening one door will close another.

decisions decisions...I have to say I was surprised to see you interested in cholos because I always thought your bike had a great look that hasnt been done to death, why just have another cholo bike?
thanks for the complements man, Actually I am keeping my old tins , new tins coming in the way with fresh metalflake paint (you can see my other thread on that ), so I can switch styles I guess after a few years you get really tired of one look .

You are right though that I am trying to do so many things with one bike, the shotGuns gives me high flexibility between low slammed and canyon craving, I know for the new tins I need fishtails...maybe upsweeps ?! maybe 28" duals !.

It has to be baffled though, seriously, when I am stopped, my name just opens a whole different can of warms LOL.

Old 03-21-2013 | 04:45 PM
kneesinthebreeze
Road Master

http://www.samsonusa.com/S3-911.html

I think this style of Samsons in black would look fantastic on your bike with your new tins.

Old 03-21-2013 | 05:08 PM
tbonetony06
Outstanding HDF Member

I could be mistaken but with the Shotgun, if you top it out it should be higher than the bike was at stock. Is that correct? So, if it is I would think you would drag or scrap less no matter what pipes you have on if you pumped it up. Right? I never measured it stock then blown up with the Shotgun but I think I heard that some where or another.

Old 03-21-2013 | 05:57 PM
Zambo5000
Cruiser

If your terrible worried about scrapping you pipes you can always give these a try.
http://www.samsonusa.com/s-455.html

Old 03-21-2013 | 07:53 PM
Motown Strag
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by klf33
It has to be baffled though, seriously, when I am stopped, my name just opens a whole different can of warms LOL.
cholos insha'Allah

Old 03-21-2013 | 08:16 PM
ShortsNSandals
Advanced

I have 36" Freedom Sharktails, I choose these over the Sampsons due to the 1 piece heat shield and the pipe steps 3 times so the power is never lost. I have the rear lowered 2" and the front 1" and I do scrape on turns and going through dips. But I love the look and sound, so for me scraping a few times doesn't matter as I can replace the end caps if they wear through. Freedom does make quite baffles for these pipes for those who wish to be more stealth.

Old 03-21-2013 | 09:41 PM
Kowan
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by tbonetony06
I could be mistaken but with the Shotgun, if you top it out it should be higher than the bike was at stock. Is that correct? So, if it is I would think you would drag or scrap less no matter what pipes you have on if you pumped it up. Right? I never measured it stock then blown up with the Shotgun but I think I heard that some where or another.
The Shockgun allows one inch higher than stock height.

Old 03-21-2013 | 10:13 PM
BLKnCHRME09Deluxe
Outstanding HDF Member

Only part that will scrape are at the ends underneath... You wont notice the cosmetics at all... unless your heads on the floor... 39"ers on my bike... I ride my bike lowered ... raised... fast ...slow.. huggin corners... ect...

I will scrape boards before my pipes hit while cornering...

Old 03-21-2013 | 11:46 PM
thelawnmowerman
Road Warrior

Yeah , what he said.....the first scrape is the worst, cos your lovely new pipes are gonna be marked. Once you get over that. Just enjoy....I have unbaffled and I really don't think they are that loud, going back to my previous comment, you won't be happy with 33's, once they're on you'll wish you went longer, there are guys on here who have went" 33.36.39.42. One after the other. Dont make the same mistake.

Quick Reply: Cholos Questions ..