Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pics of Deluxe w/ NO engine guard

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2013, 10:50 AM
tbonetony06
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Hey Bone Doc, I don't like that at all, the bar in the picture you sent me from Harley. The bar I have sits so low on my bike that it blends in perfect with the rest of my bike. The bar I have across the front bottom is also very comfortable because I can use just part of them when in town or all of them when out on the open road. It also seems to be very stout so I feel comfortable my motor would survive going down. When I am able and I get my bike back I will try to investigate it, crawl around and see if I can see a name or part number. OH, I just thought of this. I have all the receipts from the guy I bought the bike from. I'm not feeling the best this morning but when I do I will go and dig all those receipts out and see if I can dig through them and see if it's in there, what it's called and how much. Stay tuned.

Last edited by tbonetony06; 03-18-2013 at 10:52 AM.
Old 03-18-2013, 08:03 PM
Bone Doc
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 10,912 Likes on 4,135 Posts

Originally Posted by tbonetony06
Hey Bone Doc, I don't like that at all, the bar in the picture you sent me from Harley. The bar I have sits so low on my bike that it blends in perfect with the rest of my bike. The bar I have across the front bottom is also very comfortable because I can use just part of them when in town or all of them when out on the open road. It also seems to be very stout so I feel comfortable my motor would survive going down. When I am able and I get my bike back I will try to investigate it, crawl around and see if I can see a name or part number. OH, I just thought of this. I have all the receipts from the guy I bought the bike from. I'm not feeling the best this morning but when I do I will go and dig all those receipts out and see if I can dig through them and see if it's in there, what it's called and how much. Stay tuned.
Tony,

I don't like the HD one either. There are many better looking aftermarket ones out there. I'd be curious who makes yours. If possible, could you post a picture of it as well?

Hope you get to feeling better.

Boog

Old 03-19-2013, 09:58 AM
"HI"
Road Master
Received 36 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by "HI"
Does anybody know the torx bit size for the bottom bolts?

Anybody?

Old 03-19-2013, 10:14 AM
tbonetony06
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Hey Bone Doc, I agree with you. I don't like anything that high up on my bike. I also like how I can use part of or all of the pegs that sit at the end of the bar that runs across the bottom front of my bike. If I went with something else I would lose that. It also, IMHO, makes my bike appear even lower than it actually is. It is also not that noticeable like the big crash bars or the mustache bars too. That suit's me great because I like things to flow and I don't like any 1 thing taking away from the over all look of the bike and these do that well. As soon as I am done with my morning ritual here with my coffee and all I will go dig out all my receipts that came with the bike and see if I can find it, a name, part number or price. If that doesn't work my bike is getting started on today and I will have my buddy see if he can see a name or part number on the bar itself. He has to take most of the front end off anyway so I will ask him to give it a look to see if he can find anything while he is right there by it. Stay tuned Bone Doc. I can't promise I will find anything but I can promise to at least look for you. Now I am curious myself because I have yet to see one anywhere else which I find odd because I think they are pretty dang nice and surprised no one else runs or likes them as much as I do !!!

Old 03-20-2013, 11:33 AM
"HI"
Road Master

Originally Posted by "HI"
Does anybody know the torx bit size for the bottom bolts?

T55?

Old 04-22-2013, 12:34 PM
"HI"
Road Master

FINALLY have some decent pics of the bike w/ out the engine guards:

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/gener...-new-pics.html