Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

upgraded my fairing's tunes

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2013, 02:30 PM
wils5150
Tourer
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default upgraded my fairing's tunes

I know several people run The reckless fairing on their scooters. Mine came with four of the 5 inch prospec speakers. After reading how some upgraded I took the plunge. I stayed with my current sony xplode reciever and alpine ktp power pack. ( i have the old one that needed the plugs cut off and hard wired. Thanks to Nutz for that help).I got four polk dxi 525 speakers at best buy for $55 a set. Next up was opening up the holes so the new speakers would fit. What i did was mask off the old opening and trace the new size using the cardboard that the speakers were packed in. Now the fun part of cutting the new hole. I tried using a few different grinding stones in my dremmel and it sucked lol. What I ended up doing in using a cut off disc in it instead. Worked like a charm only took a few minutes per hole and any imperfections are hidden by the speaker trim rings. I didnt like the dxi grills so I found some on ebay for the db series. Got everything buttoned up with some polyfill per Nutz lol. The sound is so much better atleast it is in my garage. winter is still here so I havent been on the road yet lol. My camera died on me so I didnt take any pics sorry. I figured I would let all the reckless guys know a upgrade can be done with a little effort and a small outlay of cash. All I all I spent $110 for speakers.$100 on the ktp and $100 on the reciever grand total of $310 for a system thats way better than the stock setup that comes in the reckless.

Old 03-12-2013, 06:03 PM
Raddazzz
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I bought the reckless fairing without the stereo or painting to begin with. I put a JVC deck that comes with a keychain remote. I made a bracket and mounted it right below my throttle so I can control volume & choice of music without taking my hands off the bars. Put 6.5 alpine marine speakers in the fairing,ipod in my saddlebag and a 10 dollar carquest antena inside the fairing assembly. I also bought a weather sheild from crutchfield that incloses the JVC if it rains. Not counting the ipod I spent less than 200 bucks and its sounds better than my buddies stock 2010 ultra system.