Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rocker C Build

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2013 | 04:14 AM
treetop
|
Advanced

...oil bag and front end:

Attached Thumbnails Rocker C Build-img00487-20130221-2307.jpg   Rocker C Build-dscn3923.jpg   Rocker C Build-dscn3925.jpg   Rocker C Build-dscn3920.jpg  
Old 03-20-2013 | 07:35 AM
rockerz
Road Master

Coming along nicely, can't wait to see the final result.

Old 03-20-2013 | 10:32 AM
LaidInk
Tourer

Looks good, out of curiosity do you happen to have a width of the trees outside to outside?

Old 03-20-2013 | 06:00 PM
TRUSTNOBODY
Cruiser

Hay tree i ran a pro one internal stop and there are 2 slots on mine that are different lengths. I had to use the shorter slot so my bars wouldnt hit the tank, i dont have a tank lift due to my carlinis but with my bars turned i have a ½" clearance on both sides. Your progress is looking good keep the pics coming bro

Old 03-20-2013 | 06:14 PM
Hawaii-Five-Jo
Outstanding HDF Member

Those wheels are wicked looking! Can't wait to see it together

Old 03-20-2013 | 10:55 PM
treetop
|
Advanced

Originally Posted by LaidInk
Looks good, out of curiosity do you happen to have a width of the trees outside to outside?
I'm looking at 12 3/8in from the top of the trees Laid....

Attached Thumbnails Rocker C Build-img00500-20130320-1623.jpg  
Old 03-20-2013 | 11:40 PM
treetop
|
Advanced

Originally Posted by TRUSTNOBODY
Hay tree i ran a pro one internal stop and there are 2 slots on mine that are different lengths. I had to use the shorter slot so my bars wouldnt hit the tank, i dont have a tank lift due to my carlinis but with my bars turned i have a ½" clearance on both sides. Your progress is looking good keep the pics coming bro
Hey my man! Yea I ordered the same kit as you (so I thought) with the shorter slot on one side and it looked sweet when I tried to set it up. Except J&P got my order wrong and sent me one with cups (for a Dyna) then said they didn't have ours..pissed me off so I ordered the internal kit from HHI. It came with a specially designed lower racer that snapped off the tab way too easily (designed to stop the fork travel). They sent me another one for free but a replacement one is $65! Fits at stock tank height but problems arise when you get past 2in in the front. I gotta have 3in lift AND at least 1/2in in the rear to get the stance I'm looking for...want the tank to align more with the upper rear swing arm.

Did this with my last bike (with these same mini apes - see attached pics) and it was killer! Then some chick hit me 4wks later...wtf! lol

You and Hi5Jo's bikes have been a big inspiration for this one so stay tuned...

Attached Thumbnails Rocker C Build-img00599-20111021-1515.jpg   Rocker C Build-img00479-20110729-2156.jpg  
Old 03-21-2013 | 01:04 AM
DK Custom
Platinum Sponsor

Originally Posted by treetop
Hey JoJo. Will bend the seat tab as needed for sure Thanks.

I'm not wanting to slot the rear tank mounting hole just yet because there's not much material on there to move the tank back far enough. Also, I think it could still allow the tank to slide forward and hit the trees on fast stops (lots of weight in a full tank could mean scratched paint). But your idea is good because its essentially what I'm thinking when I say I want to lengthen the mounting tab..
Hey tree, just saw this thread. If you tighten the rear bolt and all 4 of the tank bolts, (using threadlocker) it's not going to move. lol, we tried just the other day on one that we were working on....loosened the rear tab bolt and two of us were pushing and could not get it to move forward! Had to loosen the tank lift bolts to get it to move.

Hey my man! Yea I ordered the same kit as you (so I thought) with the shorter slot on one side and it looked sweet when I tried to set it up. Except J&P got my order wrong and sent me one with cups (for a Dyna) then said they didn't have ours..pissed me off so I ordered the internal kit from HHI. It came with a specially designed lower racer that snapped off the tab way too easily (designed to stop the fork travel). They sent me another one for free but a replacement one is $65! Fits at stock tank height but problems arise when you get past 2in in the front. I gotta have 3in lift AND at least 1/2in in the rear to get the stance I'm looking for...want the tank to align more with the upper rear swing arm.

Did this with my last bike (with these same mini apes - see attached pics) and it was killer! Then some chick hit me 4wks later...wtf! lol

You and Hi5Jo's bikes have been a big inspiration for this one so stay tuned...
Not a Rocker, but on my Heritage I enlarged the slot some so that I could slide the tank back further.

I know you want 3", but if you need to exchange your 3" for a 2" or 2.5", that's no problem, just let us know.

Old 03-21-2013 | 06:20 PM
LaidInk
Tourer

I'm looking at 12 3/8in from the top of the trees Laid....
Thanks a lot I sure appreciate it, puttin in my order for the hhi wg tomorrow!

Old 03-21-2013 | 09:12 PM
TRUSTNOBODY
Cruiser

Yah that sucks u got hit bro that bike was sweet. Do u still have it? Let us know what u end up doing with the tank. What size front wheel did u decided on? Cant wait to see it back together!!

Quick Reply: Rocker C Build