Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

right side solo bag for fxst, pictures?

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2013 | 01:52 PM
Hurricane19
|
Road Captain
Default right side solo bag for fxst, pictures?

Anybody have a right side solo bag on their softail? If so any pictures? Do they mount on the swingarm like the left side bag does? I have the blue left side solo bag and tool bag from Larosa on my 2003 fxst. I'm wanting to get a right side bag to go with it because I would like a little bit more storage than what I got but I don't need a large set of bags. I searched the net for some pictures to see how they would mount or can mount having aftermarket pipes but didn't have any luck. I called Larosa and they didn't have any pictures of the right side bags mounted, you would think that may help sales??? As of right now I ended up emailing them a picture of the right side of my bike but still haven't heard back from them.

Old 02-27-2013 | 02:02 PM
Misbehaven
Elite HDF Member

Your pipes are going to be in the way of putting a bag on there.

Old 02-27-2013 | 02:11 PM
Hurricane19
|
Road Captain

That's what I thought because the picture on the LaRosa website looks like a mirror of the one I have now. I just thought maybe they made it a little different in order to clear the pipes. LaRosa did just call me back and said the pipes will be in the way but they have another style of bag they are supposed to email me pictures of to see if that may work. I guess you can only use them if you have short shot pipes?

Old 02-27-2013 | 02:15 PM
olongapo1
Road Master

I ran a right side bag on my Train when I had Hooker Fourbidden exhaust mounted. Had to remove it when I changed exhaust. This is the only Pic I can find.

Attached Thumbnails right side solo bag for fxst, pictures?-r0015196.jpg  
Old 02-27-2013 | 02:18 PM
Hurricane19
|
Road Captain

Thanks for the pic, that answers my question. Looks like I need to look at other options or deal with what I got. Good looking bike by the way.

Old 02-27-2013 | 06:00 PM
Midgard
Outstanding HDF Member

side note* you own a LaRosa bag and plan to buy another one from them?

Not me, mine was/is cheap and floppy

I ended up purchasing a 5" Leatherworks one from a forum member.

Old 02-28-2013 | 08:20 AM
Hurricane19
|
Road Captain

Originally Posted by Midgard
side note* you own a LaRosa bag and plan to buy another one from them?

Not me, mine was/is cheap and floppy

I ended up purchasing a 5" Leatherworks one from a forum member.
Yes I actually like my LaRosa bag, and the blue leather looks great with my bike. I do agree the solo bag could be a little more rigid to help hold its shape better but it works good for me, I actually made a liner for it. I think they are very well made, I would say they cheap or poor quality.

Old 03-01-2013 | 07:39 AM
black01
Tourer

Im with Midgard. Mine seems to have been re-shaped by the wind. I also had a buckle on one of my top straps bust. I called them to buy another,they couldn't give me a straight answer on buying new straps. So now it sits in a box of take off parts.

Old 03-01-2013 | 08:57 AM
Hurricane19
|
Road Captain

Oh I do agree if I didn't have mine loaded up the wind would collapse the front of it and the flap would fan out. I was a little dissappointed with that but after I made a liner that ran the length of the bag it is fine. I cut a strip of thin plastic I took out of bottom of an old duffle bag just a hair wider than the width of the bag, one long piece. I then pushed down into the bag from front to back and kind of pushed it into the seems. It stays in place very well and the front of the bag does not get pushed in from the wind, this helped the flap from fanning out too. For the price these bags should come with some kind of liner. As much as I spent on the solo and the fork bag I didn't want to just throw them to the side so I figured I would try something.