Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Seat opinion

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2005 | 03:16 PM
bassrock
|
Tourer
Default Seat opinion

Hey all. Am going to be replacing the seat on my heritage this winter and was wondering what you all honestly would recommend for a seat that looks great but more importantly can stop my sore butt. Was thinking about sending my seat in and having it refoamed with the mileneum foam. But would like to get everyone elses opinion on what would be best for comfort. Thanks for your advise.

Old 08-15-2005 | 03:45 PM
rgerber
Road Master
Default RE: Seat opinion

Hey Louis!

We should have a seat forum here as there is so much interest in them! Corbin and Mustang seem to be two seats that really have a following. The Corbin has the looks, and for me the comfort as well. It has a 300 to 500 mile breakin period. Many say the Mustang works right ot of the box. People seem to line up pretty evenly on these two manufactures. Corbin has been getting a beating as of late about customer service. I can't speak to that, but there may some members here who can.

Good Luck and let us know what you end up with!
ORIGINAL: bassrock

Hey all. Am going to be replacing the seat on my heritage this winter and was wondering what you all honestly would recommend for a seat that looks great but more importantly can stop my sore butt. Was thinking about sending my seat in and having it refoamed with the mileneum foam. But would like to get everyone elses opinion on what would be best for comfort. Thanks for your advise.

Old 08-15-2005 | 11:22 PM
billnourse
Seasoned HDF Member

Corbin is great, Mustang is good. I think the Corbin outlasts the Mustang, and I personally like the feel of the Corbin better. Some feel that the Corbin is too hard, but I like it better for long hauls than the softer seats.

In my opinion the Corbin has a lower profile look than the Mustang, and in my opinion looks better..

If you want to see a pic of one on a Heritage go to the Touring section, page 2 about half way down is "Pictures of your Bike". I have a pic of the wife's Heritage there.

Regards,

Bill

Old 08-15-2005 | 11:54 PM
Doc
Cruiser

Corbin all the way

Old 08-16-2005 | 12:04 AM
Edmo
Road Master

Maybe my butt is desensitized by too many long hours driving airplanes around, but my stock Heritage seat does me fine... However, the longest trip I've taken on the bike has only been 250 miles.

I did get the extra wide HD passenger seat which has the Heritage studs around the sides. The wife's seat/butt width ratio was all out of wack with the stock seat. All it happy now!

Edmo

Old 08-16-2005 | 03:27 AM
bassrock
|
Tourer

Hey Bill will that corbin seat fit with the stock backrest on my heritage. I also have the studed wider passenger seat on my heritage also. But my damn tail bone bothers me and makes for a sore butt. Thanks for the help and advice. Louis

Old 08-16-2005 | 10:16 AM
billnourse
Seasoned HDF Member

The Corbin will fit with the stock backrest. You might want to get the rider backrest that is available for the Corbin if that is the way you decide to go.

Regards,

Bill

Old 08-16-2005 | 12:43 PM
bassrock
|
Tourer

Yeah I would seeing that it looks like it would add alot of comfort for the driver. Was also looking at the russell all day long seats. They look pretty nice also. Just really want something that makes for a more comfortable ride.

Old 08-16-2005 | 01:00 PM
WildBill2566
Road Master

I haven't tried Corbin or Mustang, but I got a leather LePera seat with the gel pads and it is way better than stock.

Because I haven't tried the other two makes discussed I can't really say which is best, but I can tell you that the quality of service I got from the folks at LePera was second to none. They are really nice folks, helpful, easy to deal with, and the seat I got was well made.

WB

Old 08-16-2005 | 05:03 PM
Longhair4life
Extreme HDF Member

Corbins have been perfect for the three HDs I have owned.

Quick Reply: Seat opinion