Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Why Do Salesmen Steer Me Away From The Deluxe?

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2013, 10:25 AM
Aaresz
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I agree with most of the opinions stated. When I first saw the Deluxe on theshowroom my impression was ... whoa! Never felt that way about any version of a bagger, nothing against baggers, it's just that it's what my parents alwaysrode going back to my childhood. Everychild rebels in some way! J The Deluxe is just old school - special in it's own right, cant really becompared with anything else, or put it into words.

That being said trying to label any Harley into a category like a "girl’sbike" goes against everything the freedom of Harley stands for. I've seen plentyof pictures of women riding J's in the 1920's and never heard that referred toas a girl’s bike.

Harley's are an emotional thing, get what you feel connected too! Otherwise it's just a motorcycle.

Last edited by Aaresz; 02-27-2013 at 10:33 AM.
Old 02-27-2013, 05:43 PM
steamybob
Tourer
Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Dealers don't push the Deluxe because they walk out of the showroom on their own.

The salesman is going to point you at the stuff that's gathering dust.

Absolutely sick & tired of hearing the 'girls bike' stuff - next one to mention it gets a taste of my handbag!

Old 02-27-2013, 06:10 PM
FLYING_BURRITO_BROTHER
NOT A MODERATOR
Received 20,424 Likes on 7,999 Posts

To answer the original question....

Because salesmen are scum of the earth.

Old 02-27-2013, 06:26 PM
Sleeko
Stellar HDF Member
Received 85 Likes on 56 Posts
Talking

Originally Posted by yzergod
Anybody that calls a Harley, any HARLEY, a "girls bike" needs knocked the f#$& out!
Yeah man, get 'em GET 'EM !!!

Old 02-27-2013, 06:30 PM
redmosquito1
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

One of the dealers I went to told me the heritage was a better buy because it comes with bags, shield, and a better pillion pad for a little more money. I don't like the bags or the shield on the heritage so I went with the deluxe. I asked my dealer if he sold Deluxe's to a lot of chicks and if it were a chick bike, he said not really he sells more to street glides to chicks than anything else but the Luxe is lower so some girls like it, I'm short so it works for me. And since I put bags, seat, shield I wanted I made the right choice.

Old 02-27-2013, 06:46 PM
CountryD
Road Warrior
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by aniceplace
I own a 2012 Deluxe and Love it. It's one of the most versatile bikes Harley makes; kind of like a blank canvas. I never noticed that the front was raked out more?

CountryD beautiful bike, I've been admiring it for a while. Kind of wish I got a black bike. I'm 6'4" and wondered if the LePera moved you back to a better position?

Thanks,
Yeah, the Bare bones sits you back some more. I wanted to feel "Lower" in the bike. The apes helped me to stretch out my arms. But when I do it again, this spring, Im going to go with 16 inch apes or maybe 14s. My damn hands got numb after about 100 miles.

Old 02-27-2013, 06:56 PM
perki48
Seasoned HDF Member
Veteran: Navy
Received 4,411 Likes on 2,032 Posts

Originally Posted by yzergod
Anybody that calls a Harley, any HARLEY, a "girls bike" needs knocked the f#$& out!
The ony Harleys that are Girls bikes are 2008 Deluxe's with Ape hangers.

Old 02-27-2013, 08:18 PM
Wysong
Intermediate
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

steamybob - That handbag comment caught me off guard.... too funny...LOL

Go for the Deluxe....

Old 02-27-2013, 08:55 PM
Brent Smith
Cruiser

Funny how they're called girls bikes because they're lower than other Harleys. In the 70's and 80's we were doing everything in our power to lower our seating position, and for the life of me I can't remember anyone calling us girls, lol

Old 02-27-2013, 10:27 PM
cb7263
Road Captain

Completley agree with ND Badlands, if the sales folks are pushing their "sales goals" on you and not giving you their full attention on what you want, time to shop for a new dealer.

Quick Reply: Why Do Salesmen Steer Me Away From The Deluxe?