Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Why Do Salesmen Steer Me Away From The Deluxe?

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2013 | 08:50 PM
hogwash
Road Captain

I bought the Deluxe just for not having the stupid sneaker swoop paint job and studs.

Old 02-26-2013 | 08:58 PM
CountryD
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by Smileman
The Deluxe is the best retro looking bike on the road. If it fits your body type it will also be the easiest for you to handle. You officially have the HD Forum approval to tell your dealer to shove the Heritage where the sun don't shine and write up the paperwork for the Deluxe before you walk out and buy it elsewhere. OK? Good. Now post some pics of your smiling face on that bike ASAP!

P.S. CountryD--Great job on the bike. It's a true work of art.

Thanks fellas, I do understand that "Shorter" people tend to like the Deluxe, but thats the reason I bought mine, was the low seat height. But, Im 6'6'' and I wanted to be lower in the seat, that way I wouldnt look like a monkey F**king a football. The Low Profile seat I put on and the Air Ride helped my be "IN" the bike.

OP, like I said, get what you want and do what YOU want to the bike.

Old 02-26-2013 | 09:02 PM
Tailsfrommycrib
Elite HDF Member

As you can see it really just comes down to looks. Best of luck with your choice

Old 02-26-2013 | 09:06 PM
Scootluver
Cruiser

Being a short guy, it fits me good, besides looking the best

Old 02-26-2013 | 09:42 PM
Silver Fox
Club Member

Go with what appeals to you , you'll be happier in the end.

Old 02-26-2013 | 09:52 PM
Sleeko
Stellar HDF Member
Talking

I was digging the wide whites on the Road King Classic and spotted the Deluxe across the showroom. My sales lady said go sit on that one and feel how nice it sits. That was that. Girl bike schmirl bike; it's one of the best looking rides Harley makes and just about everyone knows it. Of course the Heritage is no slouch either. Buy what you like and tell the salesmen to go boil their heads.

Old 02-26-2013 | 11:31 PM
nickel.wound
Tourer

Originally Posted by themouth!!!
The studs on the Heritage are a no go for me...get the deluxe, order bags that aren't studded to death and install a windshield...I love the deluxe too...

+1 studs or no studs.

Old 02-26-2013 | 11:48 PM
hattitude
Seasoned HDF Member

I have a Heritage and love it... but I did replace the bags with new bags without studs....

But hey, get what you want....

Go to a dealer who is gonna listen to you... not try to get you to listen to them.

Originally Posted by Branner
That's pretty weak... And I thought Sportsters were girls bikes... Kidding!
That used to be the mantra in the 70's...... I haven't heard any HD called a girls bike for years... especially one of the "hogs"....

Old 02-27-2013 | 12:45 AM
SanJuanRon
Outstanding HDF Member

They have lots of Heritages in inventory. I have noticed that in several HDs the past few months. SJ Ron

Old 02-27-2013 | 12:54 AM
Skeezmachine
Stellar HDF Member

Do the Deluxe. You are drawn to it for a reason. Because YOU like it. Bags and windshield aint that big a deal to add on later. Whatever the reason the dealer has to steer you away, it shouldn't be that way. When I bought my scoot, I knew I would take nothing less than a denim black version even if I hadn't seen it in person. Dealers kept telling me to go with vivid black which they had a bunch of in stock. F**K em! I waited it out until I got what I WANTED! Never looked back and no regrets which I know I wouldn't be able to say if I had listened to them and settled on something I didn't go after myself.

Just my 2 cents on the looks of the Deluxe and Heritage: It's funny how both bikes are the same...but NOT the same! If I tried to describe the two models to someone who never saw them it would probably sound like I am talking about the same motorcycle. However, when I see the two, I see VERY DIFFERENT motorcycles. For some reason the Heritage does NOTHING for me but I could totally see myself on a Deluxe! It just seems like a cleaner bike if that makes any sense. Maybe it's the lack of all those goofy studs and pillow looking seat or the color schemes of the Heritage that have never done it for me...? I also really dislike the staggered exhaust of the Heritage and find the stock shotgun pipes on the Deluxe much nicer. Although if you are like most of us, pipes will probably be something you switch out sooner or later so it might not matter. MY OPINION: Go for the Deluxe. And DON'T settle until you find the one you want in the color you want and anything else that YOU wish to have on it.

Quick Reply: Why Do Salesmen Steer Me Away From The Deluxe?