Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I'm sick of reading about your Samson cholos!

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2013 | 12:40 AM
thelawnmowerman
Road Warrior

Way to go man....straight in with 42's...no fannying around with 33's or debating whether to go with 36 or 39's I like your style.

Old 02-16-2013 | 12:56 AM
Bone Doc
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by SURFOR Chop
In the photo are the brackets on backwards ...? I thought the brackets bolted to the rear bottom of the frame below the seat ... anyone with close up pics of the frame where they attach ...?

I am going to visit Samson next week and see if I can get them to make me a longtail for my right side two-into-one ...

R/
'Chop
'Chop

Good catch. The brackets are backwards in the picture. The two bolts that attach to the frame should be towards the headers and not the fishtails. Below are the best pictures I have of mine showing the two bolts holding the brackets on. Not the closest pictures but you can tell.

Last edited by Bone Doc; 02-16-2013 at 12:59 AM.
Old 02-16-2013 | 05:11 AM
Benway
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by Bone Doc
Dude,

You better go check.... I think you bought two right side pipes.

You won't admit it but your compelled to go check now aren't you?

And everyone else will check the picture to make sure there is a left and right pipe there.

At least you'll be happy to know that I don't have Samson TD Crossover's on the floor next to my bike or in a box somewhere in the living room. That's because they're already on the bike. LOL

Glad you got a great deal on the pipes. And I'm sure you feel bad that I paid full price for mine.... NOT ! BTW, is the HD parts guy your brother? Ahhh.... uncle.

You'll love your Samsons. Great pipes.... great sound. Post some pics when the mod's complete.

@ Tony & Mo

Well guys, I lost the bet. I told you he wouldn't have them until March and you both said February. Good job
Funny stuff. I'd have those things hanging on my bike about 35 seconds after delivery.

Old 02-16-2013 | 07:14 AM
bikerlaw
Ultimate HDF Member

I'm with yah man. Cause of the very same people, all I can think about is getting some Cholo's on my Fat Boy. I am ordering mine Monday the 25th of this month. Seriously CAN'T WAIT!!!

Old 02-16-2013 | 07:24 AM
tbonetony06
Outstanding HDF Member

Sorry yzergod Dude but it is what it is! If I am part to blame for you getting those pipes based on mine and others posts then where is your Shotgun Shock? I posted on that way more than the Samson pipes! I even took a little **** over it! I even had one dumbass accuse me of being a "Drama Queen" becaue of all the trouble I had getting a set of Cholo's, thats why in the end I just went straight to Samson and got my pipes off of them. It cost me more but I was tired of jacking around. Now, all you need is the Shotgun Dude and your set! If you have these pipes hanging of the back of your bike you have to have the Shotgun to complete the look! I do know what you mean though, this site cost me a TON of money but I don't care. It's my turn in life to splurge on myself and get this bike looking like this picture I have always had in my head. I was going to do it right off of the bat but then I seen so many on here I didn't. Well, after riding all last summer and not seeing a single bike set up like this I decided to get back on track, to my original plan and just do it. Pics when your done Dude. I will post up mine but my bike might not be done till the end of March, I am still waiting for a few parts to come in and I have to take my pipes Mon. or Tues. to get them ceramic coated, or chromeX is what I am going to be getting on my pipes. I have a target date of April 1st. I will post them up when I am done.
P.S. With that color on your bike which looks sweet in the garage, that bike would look "smokin hot" with a TON of chrome on it. ( that's coming from a self admitted chrome ***** though )

Last edited by tbonetony06; 02-16-2013 at 07:47 AM.
Old 02-16-2013 | 07:53 AM
Motown Strag
Road Warrior

When that box came I pulled that muffler out and pumped it over my head like one of the sand people on tatoonie...trust me Im stoked!

Waiting for my chrome muffler brackets to come in and I need to get my rear brake cable and rear caliper installed before I put the pipe on. It wont look like much though, my tins are out in Oregon for paint. Gonna be at least 3 weeks I think but its 29 degrees here anyway.

Last edited by Motown Strag; 02-16-2013 at 12:11 PM.
Old 02-16-2013 | 09:10 AM
dansax
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by Bone Doc
Dude,

You better go check.... I think you bought two right side pipes.

You won't admit it but your compelled to go check now aren't you?

And everyone else will check the picture to make sure there is a left and right pipe there.

At least you'll be happy to know that I don't have Samson TD Crossover's on the floor next to my bike or in a box somewhere in the living room. That's because they're already on the bike. LOL

Glad you got a great deal on the pipes. And I'm sure you feel bad that I paid full price for mine.... NOT ! BTW, is the HD parts guy your brother? Ahhh.... uncle.

You'll love your Samsons. Great pipes.... great sound. Post some pics when the mod's complete.

@ Tony & Mo

Well guys, I lost the bet. I told you he wouldn't have them until March and you both said February. Good job
I could give a fu@k about cholos on all your bikes. How about that.

Old 02-16-2013 | 09:22 AM
ghostrider69
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by dansax
I could give a fu@k about cholos on all your bikes. How about that.
Well, that's great. You should get a set. Because if you meant that you don't care about the cholos on everyones' bikes then you would have said "I couldn't give a fu@k less about cholos on all your bikes".

Old 02-16-2013 | 09:29 AM
SprungDave
Road Warrior

When my pipes arrived on a Thursday, I had planned to wait until Saturday morning to install them. I saw that the package had arrived when I got home from work. By 7 pm that Thursday night, I was riding the bike with the pipes installed!

Like everyone else here, I LOVE getting new stuff for the scoot. Even if it is just "fannying around" with my 33's!! Gotta love our British brothers. Americans and the Brits, "Two peoples separated by a common language" indeed!!

Old 02-16-2013 | 01:20 PM
Tailsfrommycrib
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by bikerlaw
I'm with yah man. Cause of the very same people, all I can think about is getting some Cholo's on my Fat Boy. I am ordering mine Monday the 25th of this month. Seriously CAN'T WAIT!!!
Cholos will look sick on your bike.

Quick Reply: I'm sick of reading about your Samson cholos!