Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

aux. lights for fatty w/nacelle?

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2007, 12:18 PM
rick
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default aux. lights for fatty w/nacelle?

Hope you guys can help me out here.I want to install the aux.lights on my fatty and relocate the turn signals to the aux.The problem i'm having is that my bike has the nacelle head light.Cant seem to find a solution to this.The HD book as far as i can tell does not have this kit.Can someone lead me in the right direction.I know there are fatty's that have the nacelle as well as the aux.lights.would appreciate the help.

Old 02-10-2007, 07:36 PM
BuckeyeHD
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: aux. lights for fatty w/nacelle?

ORIGINAL: rick

Hope you guys can help me out here.I want to install the aux.lights on my fatty and relocate the turn signals to the aux.The problem i'm having is that my bike has the nacelle head light.Cant seem to find a solution to this.The HD book as far as i can tell does not have this kit.Can someone lead me in the right direction.I know there are fatty's that have the nacelle as well as the aux.lights.would appreciate the help.
I just added the passing lights, nacelle, detachable windshield and relocated the turn signals on my 06 fatty. If I understand your question correctly you want to just do the lights and turn signals, correct?

[IMG]local://upfiles/18518/9313794C5F374992AE1ADF0E70B334B8.jpg[/IMG]

Old 02-10-2007, 08:13 PM
rick
Road Warrior

Yes thats correct.Did you have the nacelle prior to the lights?

Old 02-10-2007, 11:43 PM
BuckeyeHD
Tourer

ORIGINAL: rick

Yes thats correct.Did you have the nacelle prior to the lights?
Technically yes (because I installed it before the lights) but I did it all at the same time.

Here's what I used:

HD 69287-05 AUXILIARY LAMP KIT FLTSF $145.20
HD 68348-05 AUX LAMP CLR LENS W/VERT $53.24
HD 69079-04 FLSTF T/S RELOCATION KIT $47.06

All from Zanotti's (online).

I did not install the cheesey toggle switch that came with the lamp kit. Partly because I did not want to drill the nacelle but mainly because I thought it was fugly.

I just spliced the hot feed for the passing lamps from my low beam so they are on all the time. Installation was easy (the nacelle was a little tricky but you don't have to do that). BTW, the T/S relocation kit includes the bullet turn signals and mounting brackets, you use the lenses from the stock signals. I just cut the stock wires from the stock signals (leaving about 6" on the signal so someone could use them again) pulled the wires back to the tunnel and fed them into the nacelle. There's a ton of room in there to splice and tie and then come out underneath to the turn signal brackets. You will need a deep 9/16 socket to tighten the locking nuts on the bottom of the passing lamps since they are recessed in the turn signal mounting brackets.

HTH, let me know if you need any more info.

Old 02-11-2007, 12:47 AM
PhantomMaxx
Tourer

I did the same thing with the Aux Lamp Kit (69287-05) and I used the clear smooth lamps (68450-04A).

Also adding a trim ring and bezel to both the passing lamps and necelle make it look longer and more complete, lamps look pushed in. (69622-99B and 69627-99)

Old 02-11-2007, 02:02 AM
RiggidyRaw
Tourer

Your answer lies at headwinds. I have the same setup and didn't want to go with the usual look. Check my bike out in the gallery for more pics or just go www.headwinds.com for more pics. They have 3 different setups for the fatboy.

Old 02-11-2007, 01:00 PM
BuckeyeHD
Tourer

ORIGINAL: PhantomMaxx

I did the same thing with the Aux Lamp Kit (69287-05) and I used the clear smooth lamps (68450-04A).

Also adding a trim ring and bezel to both the passing lamps and necelle make it look longer and more complete, lamps look pushed in. (69622-99B and 69627-99)

Sweet ride. How do the trim rings fasten? I had a bitch of a time getting the nacelle trim ring on, if I put the spring in at the top, the bottom wouldn't go on. I finally got it by dish-soaping the trim ring, helped it slide on better.

Old 02-12-2007, 10:03 PM
rick
Road Warrior

ORIGINAL: PhantomMaxx

This is the look i want.I guess i need to get the part# you listed.I'll look at the description in the book.

Old 02-13-2007, 10:05 PM
RandyM1911
Tourer

BuckEyeHD pretty much covered everything I did with my passing lamp install. Although I don't remember the part numbers. I had the nacelle on the bike already when I added the passing lamps and relocated the signals. I didn't want to drill the nacelle for the toggle switch either, so I just wired it into the low beam circuit like BuckEye did.

The only thing I remember being an issue was the length of the upper passing lamp bracket mounting bolts and the spacers between the inside of the passing lamp bracket and the nacelle. The bolts were too short to pass all the way through the nacelle into the threaded holes in the upper tree so I had to source new ones. The ugly, zinc plated spacers were too thick to fit between the inside of the passing lamp housing and the nacelle so I had to source new, stainless steel spacers for that. I suppose it's possible that the kit I got was a different part number and maybe the one BKHD got didn't have the same fitment issues. The point BuckEye makes about the deep 9/16" socket is also important to get the turn signal housings on. It helps if the socket is cross drilled at the drive end so you can use a bar to turn it instead of a ratchet. This is because there's a wire that runs through the center of the socket as you tighten it.

Finally, RiggedyRaw has a good suggestion re: the Headwinds approach. I never checked them out but they sure are good looking. Good luck and let us know how you make out.

Old 02-13-2007, 10:44 PM
rick
Road Warrior

thanks i will.Probably in the next week or so.Buddy of mine has a new lamp kit but i dont think it will fit my bike.Part #69286-05.ouldanyone know.I've tried to look it up no dice.

Quick Reply: aux. lights for fatty w/nacelle?