Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Softail Slim with 200mm Rear Tire Question

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2015, 09:25 PM
mudsplasher
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i am building a Slim (not so slim) with 130/23 front and 200/18 rear. I could have bought a Fatboy and been a little bit ahead, but I don't like the disc wheels, just as I don't like the spokes on the Slim. I started with the Slim simply because I got a '13 with 2,000 miles for $12k.

Last edited by mudsplasher; 01-06-2015 at 09:34 PM.
Old 08-18-2015, 08:22 AM
musicnbikes
Road Master
Received 78 Likes on 57 Posts

Necro bump, but this thread has some crazy answers. Lol.

Old 08-19-2015, 09:04 AM
jam436
Supporter
Received 72 Likes on 53 Posts

I still scratch my head over people who buy bikes, then pour $1000's into them to turn them into the same model that was on the showroom floor, right next to the one they bought.

Old 08-19-2015, 03:50 PM
DynaJ
Road Master
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by jam436
I still scratch my head over people who buy bikes, then pour $1000's into them to turn them into the same model that was on the showroom floor, right next to the one they bought.
I still scratch my head to guys like you that can't understand that certain riders want to change the bike so IT'S not like the one next to you at every stop...I have spent THOUSANDS of dollars on every bike I have owned and I have never seen a bike right next the one I bought that looks like mine. Customize on guys that is what a Harley is for it's a platform to show your personality because stock sucks.....

Old 08-19-2015, 07:22 PM
galaxyfe
Tourer
Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by DynaJ
I still scratch my head to guys like you that can't understand that certain riders want to change the bike so IT'S not like the one next to you at every stop...I have spent THOUSANDS of dollars on every bike I have owned and I have never seen a bike right next the one I bought that looks like mine. Customize on guys that is what a Harley is for it's a platform to show your personality because stock sucks.....
Word!! And I'll say this...I'm no young guy and I've been on many forums over the years surrounded by gear heads. I have NEVER been around a bunch that bags on people for changing and modding their bike/vehicle like Slim guys. And anyone that says "if you wanted a fat rear tire, why didn't you just buy a breakout or a fat boy?" Well, they are completely different bikes, that's why. Just the lines alone on the Slim make the bike. IMO, a Slim with a 200 rear tire is the perfect bike. H-D couldn't/didn't build it, so I will.

The following users liked this post:
Vegas Slim (07-29-2024)
Old 08-19-2015, 10:09 PM
musicnbikes
Road Master

I can't help but notice you've changed your bike, also. Nice heritage lights.

Old 08-20-2015, 06:23 AM
24v
Elite HDF Member
Received 706 Likes on 383 Posts

You are so right. You should have just bought a black Heritage Softail.

Old 08-20-2015, 03:05 PM
jam436
Supporter
Received 72 Likes on 53 Posts

Hey it isn't my money so have at it.
All I'm saying is I don't understand when eg; a guy buy a Deluxe then spend a couple grand adding bags and a windshield when for $250 he could have just bought a Heritage...
Too bad though that lately too many posts are taken out of context and immediately launch flame wars...
All I can say to that is .. have at it if it makes you feel better.

Originally Posted by musicnbikes
I can't help but notice you've changed your bike, also. Nice heritage lights.
Originally Posted by 24v
You are so right. You should have just bought a black Heritage Softail.
Outside of blacking it out, all I've really changed is the exhaust and air cleaner. Adds include aux. lights and a windshield - but a Heritage?
Really?
I must be in the minority here since I actually like the bike I bought...
It still has the stock tins, rims, tire sizes, handlebars and even the stock seat...

Old 08-20-2015, 10:39 PM
musicnbikes
Road Master

Hey it isn't my money so have at it.
All I'm saying is I don't understand when eg; a guy buy a Deluxe then spend a couple grand adding bags and a windshield when for $250 he could have just bought a Heritage...
Too bad though that lately too many posts are taken out of context and immediately launch flame wars...
All I can say to that is .. have at it if it makes you feel better.

Outside of blacking it out, all I've really changed is the exhaust and air cleaner. Adds include aux. lights and a windshield - but a Heritage?
Really?
I must be in the minority here since I actually like the bike I bought...
It still has the stock tins, rims, tire sizes, handlebars and even the stock seat...
For now.... Lol.make the bike your own, who cares, it looks like you have, too. It's all good.

Old 08-21-2015, 11:56 AM
DynaJ
Road Master
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

[QUOTE=jam436;14318904]
QUOTE]

Bro you are the one that came into the thread and started talking crap...just curious if you have a alarm on your bike so when you walk up to a sea of black slims you can hit the button so the blinkers flash and you don't get on the wrong bike...

Quick Reply: Softail Slim with 200mm Rear Tire Question