Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Projects fabricated for my 08 Deluxe

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2013 | 10:41 AM
ryanek9freak
Road Captain

I'll give you points for creativity bro, but if there was ever a candidate for a bagger....

Old 02-05-2013 | 02:56 PM
ghostrider69
Outstanding HDF Member

Keep up the crafty work Silver Fox. A couple of pics of the brackets and fender I fabbed up.

Old 02-05-2013 | 05:58 PM
snip0721
Road Master

ghostrider69, nice work. it sure is nice to own/have access to lathes, mills, welders, and the like. i'd be lost without all my stuff. i have to say that stainless is my favorite, and am lucky to have ready access. seems like i'm constanty making brackets, spacers, thing-a ma-jigs out of the stuff....aluminum is a close second....steve

Old 02-05-2013 | 06:15 PM
Harleycruiser
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by Silver Fox
I made an aluminum plate that hooked to the Deluxe luggage rack to hold our trunk. After the first trip I had to change things. I wound up making a bigger plate that hooked onto the luggage rack and can be locked on. Then I fabricated and welded a rack to go over the trunk out of some thin walled stainless tubing (real thin). I am not a welder...I blew a few holes that had to be to be filled and I wanted nice joints so I did plenty of grinding and filing. When I was finished i put a little piece of plywood on it and gave the welds a stress test....I jumped on it a handful of times. I painted it flat black and got a chrome rack for an Ultra trunk and mounted that on top. When we go on our trips we put our tent and rain gear on that. Also when it's too hot for our leathers they go op there also. It works good.

That is so cool. Man you have some great ideas.

Old 02-05-2013 | 06:18 PM
Harleycruiser
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by ghostrider69
Keep up the crafty work Silver Fox. A couple of pics of the brackets and fender I fabbed up.
Love the fender with the ridge in it. Great paint did you do that?

Last edited by Harleycruiser; 02-05-2013 at 06:54 PM.
Old 02-05-2013 | 07:27 PM
Silver Fox
|
Club Member

Thanks Harleycruiser it's enjoyable making it your own. ghostrider69 that is one nice looking fender.

Old 02-05-2013 | 08:14 PM
ghostrider69
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by Harleycruiser
Love the fender with the ridge in it. Great paint did you do that?
Thanks, yeah I painted it and the tank.

Old 02-06-2013 | 08:30 AM
Silver Fox
|
Club Member

Another project was some wind/rain deflectors. With some stainless key stock and stainless bolts made some brackets for some adjustable wind deflectors. My machinist friend did some milling on the key stock and bolts. A welder at the place I worked then welded them for me. Saved me from dragging my gas welder outside in the winter, for a little bit of welding. I had some leftover 1/4" Plexiglas and cut it to fit inside the engine guard. I used some chrome clamps to mount the brackets and plexi. I have an allen wrench tucked away on the bike to loosen a set screw and adjust the angle of the plexi. It can be flat and block the wind or rain or angled and funnel air to the engine if it's warm. The plexi has been on a few years so shows signs of wear and is not clean in the pic. It looks better when it's clean.

Old 02-06-2013 | 08:30 PM
snip0721
Road Master

silverfox......some one said it before....you are a candidate for a bagger....steve

Old 02-06-2013 | 08:43 PM
Silver Fox
|
Club Member

LOL yes, but the Deluxe was calling me.

Quick Reply: Projects fabricated for my 08 Deluxe