Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New K&N breather

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2013 | 04:59 PM
scottsflstf
|
Advanced
Default New K&N breather

Just installed the new breather and my auto tuner should be arriving tomorrow for my power commander v, and so, I turned my stock breather into a clock.

Old 01-25-2013 | 05:27 PM
Brawny MMC
Tourer

haha cool!!!

Old 01-25-2013 | 05:30 PM
elizer
Road Captain

hey thats realy neat! i like it

Old 01-27-2013 | 07:54 PM
fatNyellow
Intermediate

Hey Scottsflstf I really like that air cleaner. I was thinking about installing one of them on my 01 Fatty, but not sure if it interferes with your leg, so question is how comfortable is that while riding?

Old 01-28-2013 | 10:03 AM
scottsflstf
|
Advanced

Originally Posted by fatNyellow
Hey Scottsflstf I really like that air cleaner. I was thinking about installing one of them on my 01 Fatty, but not sure if it interferes with your leg, so question is how comfortable is that while riding?
Havent been out on it yet, I'm in the process of installing the auto tuner but I have noticed that I can no longer see the brake pedal while sitting on the bike and my knee is a lot closer to it than the stock

Old 01-28-2013 | 10:38 AM
Wide_Open
Ultimate HDF Member

Like them both!

Old 01-28-2013 | 12:37 PM
fatNyellow
Intermediate

Cool I hope it all works well once you get it finished.

Old 01-28-2013 | 12:39 PM
mswing1234
Road Captain

Originally Posted by scottsflstf
Havent been out on it yet, I'm in the process of installing the auto tuner but I have noticed that I can no longer see the brake pedal while sitting on the bike and my knee is a lot closer to it than the stock
Like the clock! I'm partial to your selection of components too as you can see on my sig pic. I'm not sure if the K&N is exactly the same dimensions as the SE version but my knee is usually resting on the side. I can't use the foot rest on the right side of the mustache bar anymore so I'm putting on some highway pegs this spring.

Old 01-28-2013 | 05:29 PM
scottsflstf
|
Advanced

Originally Posted by mswing1234
Like the clock! I'm partial to your selection of components too as you can see on my sig pic. I'm not sure if the K&N is exactly the same dimensions as the SE version but my knee is usually resting on the side. I can't use the foot rest on the right side of the mustache bar anymore so I'm putting on some highway pegs this spring.
Good looking bike you got! I knew I'd see that exhaust on another Fatboy someday. I just got back from my first ride out after getting the Auto tuner finalized and as you mentioned, my shin rests against the tube when braking and highway pegs on a crash bar is probably the only way to go. I think I've seen a brake pad that is bigger and extends out a little further, that might keep my leg off of the breather. All in all, it wasnt bad and doesnt hinder the rest of my ride, so it stays. I'm currently cleaning the filter, getting rid of the red oil that K&N uses, then I'm going to dye it bright orange. I bought a bottle of clear filter oil to reapply to it after the dye job.

Old 01-28-2013 | 08:22 PM
fatNyellow
Intermediate

Originally Posted by mswing1234
WOW!!! both you and Scott have really nice looking rides. I really like the pipes and the solo seats too. I am actually making a custom solo seat for mine right now and trying to nail down which air cleaner to install.

Quick Reply: New K&N breather