Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Let me see your front ends

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2013 | 06:31 PM
Shakey Softail
Tourer

Jreichart , exile makes some of the best and cleanest setups. Yea your setup is unreal clean thanks for the info

Old 01-25-2013 | 08:16 PM
TXFXST04
Cruiser

4 inch under tubes, custom cut springs, longboy style front fender, 3 inches of travel

Old 01-25-2013 | 08:27 PM
Shakey Softail
Tourer

Txfxst04 that is a bad bike i really like that look low and bad

Old 01-25-2013 | 09:54 PM
8 UP
Cruiser

Yes sir, thats one sweet bike.
Realy like it!

Old 01-26-2013 | 05:59 PM
SwiftyBKells
Tourer

Originally Posted by TXFXST04
4 inch under tubes, custom cut springs, longboy style front fender, 3 inches of travel
Looks sick! your the only person I've seen post with 4" under tubes, I've only seen people do with 2" under. Can you go into details about your custom cut springs? How's it ride with your set up?

I'm about to order some new fork tubes and just trying to cover all the bases before I pull the trigger.

Old 01-26-2013 | 08:15 PM
Blk and Chrome
Elite HDF Member

I have 2 under tubes and a long fender. I am getting parts together right now and go to new trees and shorter tubes 4 under. I also am looking for a 3.25 ft wheel and go with a 120 in the front

Old 01-26-2013 | 09:56 PM
jreichart
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by Blk and Chrome
I have 2 under tubes and a long fender. I am getting parts together right now and go to new trees and shorter tubes 4 under. I also am looking for a 3.25 ft wheel and go with a 120 in the front
Just be careful with the new trees and 4 under tubes. The spacing between aftermarket trees and the stockers is a couple inches different. I have Pro One Trees and a 2" drop. If I were to add 2" under tubes (essentially the same as 4 under tubes) I'd have little to no travel left. Just something to consider.

Looks like TX above has stock trees and 4 under tubes with 3" of travel left. Atermarket trees will take another 1.5" off your travel.

Last edited by jreichart; 01-26-2013 at 09:59 PM.
Old 01-26-2013 | 10:42 PM
TXFXST04
Cruiser

Originally Posted by SwiftyBKells
Looks sick! your the only person I've seen post with 4" under tubes, I've only seen people do with 2" under. Can you go into details about your custom cut springs? How's it ride with your set up?

I'm about to order some new fork tubes and just trying to cover all the bases before I pull the trigger.
I used 84-96 flt/flh tubes, that are 20 7/8 inches, mine stock were 24 1/4, so I was wrong on the 4 inch, its actually 3.625 shorter on the tubes, I had the stock spring cut down another 1, and they were flattened on the top, as your stock spring is on the last curl if you will. The travel is same as stock, which is roughly 3 inches. The ride is great, its a little stiffer, seems normal compared to the slop on the factory set up.

Old 01-26-2013 | 10:58 PM
TXFXST04
Cruiser

Originally Posted by jreichart
Just be careful with the new trees and 4 under tubes. The spacing between aftermarket trees and the stockers is a couple inches different. I have Pro One Trees and a 2" drop. If I were to add 2" under tubes (essentially the same as 4 under tubes) I'd have little to no travel left. Just something to consider.

Looks like TX above has stock trees and 4 under tubes with 3" of travel left. Atermarket trees will take another 1.5" off your travel.
yes, just stock trees on mine, you also have to watch out on how much spring you cut if you go that route, i had the progressive drop in springs but they were to sloppy with the shorter tubes, so the stock spring was cut as i mentioned, when I say 1 inch, i mean 1 inch lower than were they would be on the shorter tubes if you had stock springs for them

Old 01-26-2013 | 11:26 PM
SwiftyBKells
Tourer

Originally Posted by jreichart

Glad you said that... I have 3 degree Pro1 trees... I think Story has a rake with 2" tubes and a progressive drop kit... So I should be ok with 4" under tubes and no drop...or am I wrong?

Quick Reply: Let me see your front ends