Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Shotgun Shocks are on the way.

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2013, 09:11 PM
ghoticov
Elite HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I am going to buy this one day also but I am worried about the install being that I will have to do it by myself. I read where you have to drill and tap holes to mount the compressor...so that worries me a little since I have never done it and don't have the equipment to do it.

Old 01-21-2013, 09:25 PM
Kowan
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ghoticov, if your charcoal canister is still located on the rear of the transmission like mine was no drilling and tapping required.

You just remove the canister and it's mounting bracket and the compressor bolts right up with the supplied hardware.

Old 01-21-2013, 09:38 PM
Mill908
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I look, and relooked and my be slightly slow, where are you guys finding the deal for 1250 shipped, ever time i open a shotgun shock web site its tell me 1550 plus shipping i am in Canada and am not sure if it applies to international shipping, any info would be great.

Old 01-21-2013, 09:39 PM
ghoticov
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by Kowan
ghoticov, if your charcoal canister is still located on the rear of the transmission like mine was no drilling and tapping required.

You just remove the canister and it's mounting bracket and the compressor bolts right up with the supplied hardware.
I will have to try to find out what a charcoal canister looks like in order to find it. Lol Do I have to remove my wheel or rear splash guard to see it?

Old 01-21-2013, 09:42 PM
Mill908
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ghoticov
I am going to buy this one day also but I am worried about the install being that I will have to do it by myself. I read where you have to drill and tap holes to mount the compressor...so that worries me a little since I have never done it and don't have the equipment to do it.
A half decent tap and die set will cost you around 80-100 dollars to get waht you need and its amazing how handy it is once you have one, and a simple lift can be picked up on craigslist or ebay for next to nothing, beside if your not spending money on parts, tools are the next best thing. Just my 2 cents

Old 01-21-2013, 09:43 PM
ghoticov
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by Mill908
A half decent tap and die set will cost you around 80-100 dollars to get waht you need and its amazing how handy it is once you have one, and a simple lift can be picked up on craigslist or ebay for next to nothing, beside if your not spending money on parts, tools are the next best thing. Just my 2 cents
I have the lift, that's no problem.

Old 01-21-2013, 09:50 PM
Kowan
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Just look under the bike. It would be mounted below and on the rear of the transmission.
Neither the rear wheel or mud guard required removal to mount the compressor/system.

The vent lines leading in and out of the canister are just left hanging out of sight once you remove the canister.

Old 01-21-2013, 11:33 PM
Vic Bronco
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You won't need to tap and drill anything on a 2007, the holes are already there and everything bolts right on. If there is a Charcoal cannister using the holes it would be located directly above the rear shocks, if not, I doubt you'd be able to see the holes without dropping the shocks, but they are definitely there on a 2007.

I actually had no idea why there were holes there until it just clicked for me when reading this thread that it's likely for extra **** to deal with the Cali emissions regs.

Old 01-21-2013, 11:37 PM
Vic Bronco
Road Captain

Originally Posted by Mill908
I look, and relooked and my be slightly slow, where are you guys finding the deal for 1250 shipped, ever time i open a shotgun shock web site its tell me 1550 plus shipping i am in Canada and am not sure if it applies to international shipping, any info would be great.

Send a PM to J.D.1, he's the owner of Shotgun Shock and a forum sponsor, great guy to deal with, and he'll hook you up. The deal is $1250 including shipping anywhere. I could have had it shipped here, but I have a PO box on the US side, so I had it sent there so I wouldn't have to pay taxes on the import. JD said that because his stuff's made in the US there are probably some NAFTA import tax exemptions, but I don't know how that applies to the HST.

If the PM thing isn't your bag, go to the website and either email him or just dial him up. He's a chill dude to talk to and will hook you up no problems. He's also good with answering any questions you may have about installation or operation.

Old 01-21-2013, 11:38 PM
Vic Bronco
Road Captain

I'm kinda surprised tbonetony hasn't already hammered this thread with about 5-6 multi-paragraph essays on the virtues of the Shotgun Shock.

Quick Reply: Shotgun Shocks are on the way.