Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Softail slim exhaust!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2013, 10:36 AM
elizer
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have a DD fat cat for sale. It is 2-1 but since im lowering the front and rear 2in its gonna drag hard.
I just got the freedom performance outlaw it sits where the rsd tracker exhaust would. still 2-1
I was thining if i went with 2-2 i would get the side shots.

Old 04-24-2013, 11:35 AM
mill3rk
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am a big fan of Samson pipes. Love the sound! Using the Sidewinders on my Blackline and love 'em.

Cheers,

Old 04-25-2013, 06:06 AM
WKNDS
Grand HDF Member
Received 1,361 Likes on 986 Posts

Originally Posted by 2012SLIM
I had removed the baffles out of my stock pipes on my second day with the bike and loved the sound.
...snip...
P.S anyone wanting to remove the stock baffles on these new bikes there is just one rivet that needs to be drilled out and the baffle and cat just slide right out.
Got any pics of this? I might give this a try this after I receive the
TTS s/w & cables (should be next week) so I can adjust the fueling.

Thanks!

T.

Old 05-26-2013, 08:49 AM
FLS2013
2nd Gear

I bought a 2013 Softail Slim last November and am looking to swap out the exhaust. Look and sound are my primary concern, but performance is important too. For the look, I think I'm after a 2-2, but some 2-1 look pretty good to me and I want to minamalize the back end as much as possible so, although the V&H BS staggered sound great, they reach too far back. For sound, I'd like a deeper tone (don't want a lawnmower sound)...V&H SS, the Rinehart Cross Backs, and the Bassani Firesweep look good to me. I'd love to hear any thoughts, feedback, opinions on exhaust choices for Slim owners (or anyone really)...what did you choose & why, and are you happy with the choice. What else do you look at and why didn't you choose it. Anything helps...and thanks in advance!

Old 05-26-2013, 09:15 AM
jam436
Supporter
Received 72 Likes on 53 Posts

Originally Posted by FLS2013
I bought a 2013 Softail Slim last November and am looking to swap out the exhaust. Look and sound are my primary concern, but performance is important too. For the look, I think I'm after a 2-2, but some 2-1 look pretty good to me and I want to minamalize the back end as much as possible so, although the V&H BS staggered sound great, they reach too far back. For sound, I'd like a deeper tone (don't want a lawnmower sound)...V&H SS, the Rinehart Cross Backs, and the Bassani Firesweep look good to me. I'd love to hear any thoughts, feedback, opinions on exhaust choices for Slim owners (or anyone really)...what did you choose & why, and are you happy with the choice. What else do you look at and why didn't you choose it. Anything helps...and thanks in advance!
The BigShots are too long? They're about a foot shorter than the stock pipes & mufflers...
I have them with the quiet baffles and they sound great. They also incorporate a crossover, unlike some other 2-into-2 straight pipes, which maintains back pressure and won't rob you of power like some of the short pipes will.
I went with those since everywhere I look I see Short Shots and Big Radius'.
I wanted something a little different.
If it's power you're after, you might want to consider a 2-into-1.

Old 05-26-2013, 09:25 AM
tbonetony06
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

I am putting 39" Cholos on and taking off the Python 2 into 1. I will say this about this Python though, it's the 1st and only 2 into 1 pipe I have ever used, owned and not only do like it, I LOVED it! My bike runs very well with it on and the Sound, even baffled, sounds incredible. I am changing the look of the bike and that is the only reason I am removing it. I like it so much I don't even have any interest in selling it. If for whatever reason I don't like these 39"s I'm putting on I will have no problem throwing this Python back on it. I would check these pipes out before I made my final choice. Good luck Dude and keep us posted on your choice in the end and what you think of it when you're done putting your new pipes on.

Old 05-26-2013, 11:03 AM
Softslim
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Straightshots on mine.. Cheaper than the others but I'm not complaining.. Look and sound awesome

Attached Thumbnails Softail slim exhaust!!-image.jpg  
Old 05-26-2013, 12:19 PM
SoCalSoftailSlim
Elite HDF Member
Received 59 Likes on 46 Posts

I would LOVE to see someone put these on their Slim. Can't be me though. I'm tapped out for the duration.

FOLLOW THIS LINK: http://www.samsonusa.com/S3-911.html

Old 05-26-2013, 06:09 PM
FLS2013
2nd Gear

Originally Posted by jam436
The BigShots are too long? They're about a foot shorter than the stock pipes & mufflers...
I have them with the quiet baffles and they sound great. They also incorporate a crossover, unlike some other 2-into-2 straight pipes, which maintains back pressure and won't rob you of power like some of the short pipes will.
I went with those since everywhere I look I see Short Shots and Big Radius'.
I wanted something a little different.
If it's power you're after, you might want to consider a 2-into-1.
Thanks for the feedback. Don't get me wrong, the BS look great, and from what I've heard, with the OB sound great, but for what I have in my head, they're a little too long. And like you said, I see a lot of Slims with BR and SS, which makes sense, because V&H makes a great pipe, and they both look great on a Slim. I even like the side shots, but they don't go on a '13 Slim.

Old 09-02-2013, 06:46 PM
SinCitySlim
6th Gear

Hey everyone, I'm new to the forum and still figuring everything out. I'm in the same forunate situation as a few of the guys above and need to decide on pipes for my stage 1 for my 2013 FLS. I think I've narrowed it down to the V&H Big Shots and the Rush Crossovers. From what I can tell both have some kind of "Power Chamber" to help with a little torque & Hp. Does anyone have any direct info comparing the two sets two each other? From what I've read both companies are solid, does it just come down to personal preference? Thanks!

Quick Reply: Softail slim exhaust!!