Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Softail slim exhaust!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2013, 10:39 PM
Koshman32
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by gregeinsc
I have the V&H Big Radius 2 to 2 on my bike, my buddy has the V&H SS on his Nightster so here is my take. I have an aftermarket air filter, he has stock. Neither of us have any type of fuel pak hockus-pockus-mumbo-jumbo. I can take him off the line but around 3rd he has caught up and pretty much overtakes my big 103. Anything past 4th is just overdrive...no ***** at all.

Both of our pipes sound about the same with a slight edge to his for overall presence; though I would say that mine has a much deeper note. The shorts look pretty good on his bike, but I think they look rediculous on any of the longer softail models.

Having said that...if I could do it again or money wasn't of any significance, I would get the Python Venom pipes and run those with the BCM baffles. Another friend of mine runs the longs on his Fatboy sans baffles and they will peel paint off of the walls.

My .2 cents
I think you really need to learn how to properly ride that bike. A Nightster with only exhaust added to it shouldn't be catching up to you unless you're not hitting those gears right. My buddies Nightster (exhaust, intake, and stage 1) will take my Night Traini off the line, only cause I don't go too hard off the line cause I won't hook up, but once I'm going, he's got no chance.

But back to the original topic, like others have said, pick what you like the looks and sound of the best. Both will give the bike a different look in its own way. Personally, I'd go with the short shots cause I'm not a fan of big long pipes coming all the way to the rear tire.

Old 02-12-2013, 08:20 AM
folly-17
Advanced
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Black Big Radius 2-2 are popular, sometimes seeing the same exhaust on my slim that's on a majority of others, I wish I went with something different. food for thought. but defiantly get what YOU want and don't worry price (easier said than done I guess)..

Old 02-12-2013, 12:52 PM
baimo
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by folly-17
Black Big Radius 2-2 are popular, sometimes seeing the same exhaust on my slim that's on a majority of others, I wish I went with something different. food for thought. but defiantly get what YOU want and don't worry price (easier said than done I guess)..

Sometimes I fel the same way- Too many 2-2's particularly in black. If I have the money next summer I might swap out the black ones for the chrome ones. They both look and sound great but you don't see many chrome ones on slims or blackline. I might even go with long chromes. The stock pipes were nice looking but I want my Harley to be loud. Unfortunately I have 5 other upgrades I need to do first,

Old 02-12-2013, 01:24 PM
2012SLIM
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am running the Big Radius 2-2 on my slim. I had removed the baffles out of my stock pipes on my second day with the bike and loved the sound. Months later I purchased the big radius just cause I wanted the black look. I have to admit I think the stock pipes without baffles and cats sounded better. I removed the baffles from the V&H pipes but didn't care for the sound. I have since cut the baffle in half and reinstalled and think it sounds really good now. The stock pipe with the large megaphone type tails really sounded deep and very loud. P.S anyone wanting to remove the stock baffles on these new bikes there is just one rivet that needs to be drilled out and the baffle and cat just slide right out.

Old 02-14-2013, 07:48 PM
MikeZ
Road Captain
Received 24 Likes on 15 Posts

I think the BRs would look great, chrome or blacked out, but it's a personal choice. I would definitely go for the quiet baffles, whichever you choose -- nice, deep growl.

Old 04-23-2013, 07:25 PM
mbrianbailey@yahoo.com
Stage IV
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default softail slim slip ons

to socalsoftailslim just wondering if you had the part number for your slip ons.

Old 04-23-2013, 10:01 PM
SoCalSoftailSlim
Elite HDF Member
Received 59 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by mbrianbailey@yahoo.com
to socalsoftailslim just wondering if you had the part number for your slip ons.
Hey, mbrian. Didn't see this message until now. Here's a link to the model I have:

http://www.vanceandhines.com/store/s.../slipons/16841

Vance Hines part number is 16841

Old 04-23-2013, 10:39 PM
jam436
Supporter
Received 72 Likes on 53 Posts

I have the Big Shots staggered w/ quiet baffles on mine.
Love 'em...

Old 04-24-2013, 02:46 AM
GeeRam
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Another vote here for the Big Shots in black (+ quiet baffles)

Old 04-24-2013, 07:52 AM
black01
Tourer
Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by gregeinsc
I have the V&H Big Radius 2 to 2 on my bike,

Having said that...if I could do it again or money wasn't of any significance, I would get the Python Venom pipes and run those with the BCM baffles. Another friend of mine runs the longs on his Fatboy sans baffles and they will peel paint off of the walls.

My .2 cents
Why not put the BCM baffles in your Big Radius? Python Venom is the same pipe made by V&H just 1pc heat shields.

OP Black Big Shots would look good,but like others said,get the ones you want. Everyone tells me my 2 into 1 looks better on my bike,but I like the sound of my Pythons too much.

Last edited by black01; 04-24-2013 at 07:56 AM.

Quick Reply: Softail slim exhaust!!