Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Deuce Seat... Danny Vs Santee?

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2013, 12:36 PM
2003Custom1200
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Deuce Seat... Danny Vs Santee?

Well thinking about trying a differnt seat for the Deuce once again... Currently i ride with my Sundowner. Feel for me isnt quite there i do like the padding but seems like it sits me up higher and not down with the bike.

So i picked up a cheap badlander, love the feel, but only good for short rides, and the lady will not ride with it on, no padding on the rear...

So once again looking for a better seat, If i remember the Corbin Young Guns is what most guys were using at one time... but just a quick ebay search brought me across these two seats, wondering if anyone has tried them and there reviews..

I know Danny Gray Seats are a name in them selves

http://www.ebay.com/itm/DANNY-GRAY-0...sories&vxp=mtr

or this seat made by Santee..

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Harley-Seat-...sories&vxp=mtr

Both look more like the badlander which i like for fitment and looks...

Old 01-14-2013, 01:23 PM
tmilo1000
Tourer
Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

I had a Danny Gray seat at one point. Seat looked great...after about 30 minutes I would have been more comfortable on broken glass. Seat was too soft. Sold it and got a Corbin. I ride all day and no problems. Its is not a soft seat, but for me it works great.

Old 01-14-2013, 01:24 PM
Juiced_deuce
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

your lady probably wont like either of them in my opinion. you may look into one of the places on here that can change your seat you have and drop you down and back further and leave the passenger seat alone. check out mean city i havent used them but i like what i seen on their site.

Old 01-14-2013, 01:29 PM
2003Custom1200
Tourer

I will look around, not sure what i want to do yet, may end up just sticking with the sundowner and add +2 foward controls and a differnt set of bars. Just hate the look of the big ol sundowner

Old 01-14-2013, 01:34 PM
baimo
Tourer

The sundowner is the most comfortable seat I have used on my slim. It was visually unflattering to the sleek design of the slim.

I have a danny gray Weekday 2-up XL and I find it very comfortable and looks great but not as cushy as the sundowner and the passenger sits very high on the danny gray. I have a corbin custom solo/pillion combination on the way I sure hope will be comfortable for me and passenger. I don't know anything about the Santee. Do they still make seats?

Last edited by baimo; 01-14-2013 at 01:37 PM.
Old 01-14-2013, 02:17 PM
2003Custom1200
Tourer

the santee appears to be discountinued, why the cheap price and a bunch on ebay, thought about giving it a try, but i dont wanna waste money on seats any more

Old 01-15-2013, 11:34 AM
DDuess
Road Captain

I put the Danny Gray on my deuce, it was the first seat the wife and I both found comfortable. Had 5 seats for it, either one or the other hated the seat till we got that one.

Old 01-15-2013, 12:18 PM
silent bob
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've done a ton of research on seats because for me, I was looking for a good blend of two-up riding comfort but trying to keep with the nice lines of the Deuce. A lot of seats look really bulky on the Deuce. I originally had the stock seat, which looks pretty good but doesn't have great comfort for long trips, especially for a passenger. I tried the Badlander seat, but found that to be too hard and again, no good for a passenger. I then found a brand new discontinued factory HD Rallyrunner for sale, so I bough that one and tried it out. It's a great seat. It is basically like a Badlander with a larger passenger area, about 2" wider than the stock seat, but also a little thinner and firmer. It was a good compromise and my wife thought it was a big improvement over the stock seat. It also is thinner where the driver's legs are, so you can sit a little more flat footed on the ground when you are stopped. From the research I have done, apparently Danny Gray designed and built the original Rallyrunner seats for Harley and since Harley discontinued them, he now sells them under his branding as the Danny Gray Weekday 2 Up XL seat. Also you asked about the Santee seat. The Santee Centaur XL 2-Up (not the one in the link you posted) is actually almost identical to the Danny Gray seat, and a lot cheaper. I know the HD Rallyrunner is top quality leather, and I assume the Danny Gray is the same. I'm not sure about the Santee, but if you find any of those 3 for a good price, it's probably worth snapping one up because since the Deuce is no longer produced, I doubt they will still be making those seats for long.

Hope this helps.