Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Would this seat fit on my bike?

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2013, 06:09 AM
Caillou
Stage IV
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Would this seat fit on my bike?

Hi there, I am pretty much a noob. I've had my 05 Softail Standard since August of last year. I found a King and Queen seat for sale online that I'm interested in.

The guy said the seat comes from a 08 Softail, and would fit 08 models and up. What was the major modification from 05 to 08?

Would this fit on my 05, or if not, how do I make it fit?

Thanks for the help, I will post pictures of my bike and of the seat, if thats gonna help.

Attached Thumbnails Would this seat fit on my bike?-kgrhqn-k0fclqoqm9jbq55lgvqlq-48_20.jpg   Would this seat fit on my bike?-kgrhqr-n4fco2-l-8bq55k3ippw-48_20.jpg   Would this seat fit on my bike?-kgrhqf-lefceglhm-2bq55loohhg-48_20.jpg  
Old 01-11-2013, 06:13 AM
QC
Club Member
Received 19,804 Likes on 9,867 Posts

Probably not. You need to check part #s to make sure.
Welcome to the Forum from Colorado!

Old 01-11-2013, 07:04 AM
Branner
Road Warrior
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Don't think so either, your bike has a 150 tire, right? Pretty sure the 08's came with 200's. totally different.

Welcome to the forum.

Old 01-11-2013, 07:05 AM
oct1949
Club Member
Received 819 Likes on 805 Posts

Google up any good seat maker and do a Cross Ref..

that will show U if it fit the old and new bike Ur thinking about.

Here just fill in U two seat by bike and Yr and see if the No's match...
http://www.mustangseats.com/

Don't forget on the simple ???'s U can find about anything U want to find Using a simple GOOGLE search...

Old 01-11-2013, 07:38 AM
Caillou
Stage IV

thanks for the response guys. I think I've got the answer I'm looking for, so the main difference is the 150 tire vs the 200? do you guys have any suggestions for me, or perhaps another seat altogether?

Old 01-11-2013, 08:13 AM
star2nv
Tourer

Caillou, what handle bars do you have? I really like them

Old 01-11-2013, 08:16 AM
jreichart
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

It looks like that one mounts via the sissy bar to the fender struts, you may be able to get a sissy bar mount or modify that one to fit the skinnier fender. Hard to say until you get it though.

IMO that seat is a poor choice anyway, a bit fugly and I don't think it fits the bike. I'd certainly search out a seat made to fit your ride, both physically and aesthetically.

Would like to see more pics of your bike though. There's a lot going on there, custom paint, fairing, bagger bars.....kind of a mish mosh of different styles. Post up some more views of it!

And please.......get rid of those reflectors!!

Old 01-11-2013, 08:22 AM
petewerner
Road Captain

Place a "Wanted To Buy" in the classifieds here on this forum, read the rules of the Classified before U try to place this. I would suspect that there are MANY,MANY used seats in garages everywhere!!!

Old 01-11-2013, 08:29 AM
05softailnc
Cruiser

Hi, I also have an 05 FXST and have been through the seat debate. I am not sure what your goal is with a new seat, but if it is a comfort issue as mine was, I have a suggestion. My stock seat was fine for short rides, but got uncomfortable (butt burn) on longer rides. I found Mean City Cycles online and was pleased to see that they are about an hour away from me. I hade them redo my stock seat with their memory foam (was going to also get gel, but he said I would not need it) and the results are amazing. I can go all day with no discomfort now. The price was a fraction of the cost of a new seat. I did both the driver and passenger sections & I already had a sissy bar for the wife. Mean City is top notch. If modifying your current seat is an option, you will not go wrong with these guys. They will talk to about your size & weight, rding habits, what you are looking for, etc. and will make your seat work for you.

http://www.meancitycycles.com/

Old 01-11-2013, 09:11 AM
Caillou
Stage IV

I will try to answer everyone to the best of my knowledge.

star2, I am not sure what the handlebars are they were on the bike when I bought it. all I know is that they are 17in ape hangers and are supposed to be custom made for the use with rhw batwing.

jreichart, the goal is to get my lady to wanna ride more. she hate my seat now, she's scared and I feel like she would be more comfortable with a backrest. I hate most of the standard backrest. (I like the sissy bar made for the crossbones, but didn't fit either). Plus I like the king and queen style, I think it looks a little oldschool. Oh, btw I got rid of the driver's backrest on the picture. as for the reflectors, you're talking about those on the lower fork? I'm planning on getting rid of them and paint them/powdercoat flat black like the rest of the bike. like you said, I also thought I could get a skinnier sissy bar to make it fit.

as for the saddlebags, I don't like them either but I got used to them and think they are very practical. I am planning on changing them as well, when my budget allows me.

I can't post more pictures right now as I am using my phone.

softailnc, I will check out meancity, thanks for the link.

Quick Reply: Would this seat fit on my bike?