Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Boom Audio

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2013, 05:32 PM
popome
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just purchased a Uniq 300 watt classic edition system for my 2012 Deluxe. The speakers will be mounted on engine guards and are in the process of being painted to match my bike(red-sunglo). My biggest concern was amp location. So I purchased a left-side chrome tool box however I need to have the bracket refabricated because HD doesnt make one for 2012 Deluxe. Also I purchased a six pin y adaptor from HD and wired my amp to it just for testing. By looking at pins and use of a 9volt battery the amp lit up. Now just waiting to get my bike out of HDs secret winter storage facility.

Old 01-04-2013, 08:03 PM
Softail HA
Cruiser
Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by popome
I just purchased a Uniq 300 watt classic edition system for my 2012 Deluxe. The speakers will be mounted on engine guards and are in the process of being painted to match my bike(red-sunglo). My biggest concern was amp location. So I purchased a left-side chrome tool box however I need to have the bracket refabricated because HD doesnt make one for 2012 Deluxe. Also I purchased a six pin y adaptor from HD and wired my amp to it just for testing. By looking at pins and use of a 9volt battery the amp lit up. Now just waiting to get my bike out of HDs secret winter storage facility.
Regarding the left side toolbox, just cut the bottom of the bracket off, mount in two places, instead of three, it is a pretty thick bracket should fit fine.

Old 01-04-2013, 08:21 PM
KumaRide
Elite HDF Member
Received 187 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by Softail HA
Regarding the left side toolbox, just cut the bottom of the bracket off, mount in two places, instead of three, it is a pretty thick bracket should fit fine.
Did that also for different reasons though. Very strong, wont go anywhere.

Old 01-04-2013, 09:36 PM
stailjim61
Road Captain

Originally Posted by dennis21656
Just got the boom audio system for my Heritage and got a quote from local Harley dealer of 5.5 Hrs to install....$375.00. Does this seem high?
The system is junk. Why worry about the cost? You won't be able to hear it over 40 MPH anyway.

Old 01-04-2013, 09:37 PM
stailjim61
Road Captain

Originally Posted by popome
You need to drill a whole lot of holes in the box or it WILL overheat.

Old 01-06-2013, 08:13 PM
2009FLSTSB
Intermediate

I have the Boom Audio on my Xbones. It took me about 2 hours to install and that was with some fabrication on the windshield.

Old 01-10-2013, 05:25 PM
ScottCC
1st Gear

Just installed the Boom Audion on my 2009 Road King...no real problems..have to order the relay separately but all went together nicely. I turned the clamps around and used a 3/8" lock washer (so the wire would clear on the back) so I could keep the windshield bag.
They sound great!

Old 01-12-2013, 05:48 AM
Niddite
Cruiser

Did the Boom Audio install myself on the '07 Deluxe using the accessory plug under the seat. Easy install. Save yourself the cost of labor. ...and not true regarding not hearing it above 40mph. Heard tunes all the way to Portugal (HOG Euro Rally) and back to Northern England, but I have a windshield.

Old 02-13-2013, 03:31 PM
ScottCC
1st Gear

Originally Posted by Niddite
Did the Boom Audio install myself on the '07 Deluxe using the accessory plug under the seat. Easy install. Save yourself the cost of labor. ...and not true regarding not hearing it above 40mph. Heard tunes all the way to Portugal (HOG Euro Rally) and back to Northern England, but I have a windshield.
I agree...I have a 2009 Road King with a windshield and the Boom Audio sounds great above 40mph. I cruise at 70 and sounds pretty decent.

Old 02-13-2013, 03:39 PM
JRK5892
Banned
Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

another option to music and not HD prices/size is one of my fork bag stereo set ups. I make and sell a 500 watt fork bag stereo, take under 5 min to install, comes plug and play ready... it is another option if you do not want a bulky set up on your bike, comes in 2 versions a 3.5 speaker set up of 4 in speakers... really screams!

here are a few pics of it installed and the unit itself

Quick Reply: Boom Audio