Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

softail slim rear fender.

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2012, 10:55 PM
K.Harland_17
Advanced
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default softail slim rear fender.

does anyone know where i can get a replacement rear fender for the softail slim? i loved the bobber look but i threw a rack on the back and decided to stick with the bobber style.i also added that spring solo seat and decided i wasnt a fan of it. now im looking to get rid of that too . i had to drill holes into my fender and figured i would just start over. if not that stock fender does anyone know where i can get a bobber style fender using the same struts or similar?

cheers

kyle!

Name:  IMG_2155_zps88c375e1.jpg
Views: 16968
Size:  129.0 KB

Old 12-28-2012, 11:20 PM
SoCalSoftailSlim
Elite HDF Member
Received 59 Likes on 46 Posts

Hey Kyle. Sorry I can't help with the fender replacement. Just wanted to ask, you had to drill holes for the rack, not the spring solo seat, correct? I have the spring solo seat and no drilling was required.

Also, if you're up for my 2 cents, I'd say the only thing not working about the seat on your bike is the brown color. If you went black, or black with white trim, it would look killer. Just a comment from the peanut gallery.

Old 12-29-2012, 12:55 AM
K.Harland_17
Advanced

i chose brown because i was getting away from the black scheme.

i didn't like how high i sit with my chubby knuckle bars sitting a little low.

no holes were drilled with the seat. only my rack.

Old 12-29-2012, 01:09 AM
EvilEye
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Not 100% sure but I presume you'd be able to get it from HD. They'd have to make them available for accident repairs. Speak to your dealer.

Just a thought.

Old 12-29-2012, 06:47 AM
Zedrx
Cruiser
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

You can use any Softail rear fender if you change the struts. I was thinking of trying a Heritage or Deluxe rear fender as they would look the best with the skinnier rear tire.

Old 12-29-2012, 10:52 PM
K.Harland_17
Advanced

thanks for the info zedrx,
so i would have to change the struts out. what do you know about the deluxe or heritage front fender. will it fit the front end of the slim? or around the tire and rim?

Old 12-29-2012, 11:49 PM
ShovelnTC
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Zedrx
You can use any Softail rear fender if you change the struts. I was thinking of trying a Heritage or Deluxe rear fender as they would look the best with the skinnier rear tire.
What's the difference between the struts, I was also going to go with the heritage or deluxe fender but I prefer the look of the slim's struts.

Sorry for the thread hijack!

Old 12-29-2012, 11:52 PM
ShovelnTC
Intermediate

Originally Posted by K.Harland_17
thanks for the info zedrx,
so i would have to change the struts out. what do you know about the deluxe or heritage front fender. will it fit the front end of the slim? or around the tire and rim?
I'm also going for the front fender, Can't see why the heritage/deluxe front won't fit as I'm pretty sure that all FL softails have the same legs.

Old 12-30-2012, 06:46 AM
Zedrx
Cruiser
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

The front fender will bolt right on. The rear fender will need the appropriate struts if you want all the bolt holes to line up. All current softails use the same frame so any softail rear fender can be used with the appropriate struts. I'm going to try this with the Slim struts. Even if I have to drill some new holes.

Old 12-30-2012, 12:13 PM
K.Harland_17
Advanced

Originally Posted by Zedrx
The front fender will bolt right on. The rear fender will need the appropriate struts if you want all the bolt holes to line up. All current softails use the same frame so any softail rear fender can be used with the appropriate struts. I'm going to try this with the Slim struts. Even if I have to drill some new holes.

zedrx, could you possibly post some pictures of the finished job? I'm really considering it but i just dont know how it would look..

would you consider on selling your slim rear fender?

Quick Reply: softail slim rear fender.