Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

keyless remote control starter foe blackline

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2012 | 04:16 AM
hddee
|
Advanced
Default keyless remote control starter foe blackline

is there a way when i am sitting on the sidewalk having a coffee i can just hit the button on my keys in my pocket and my bike starts and then all i have to do is just walk over to the bike and get on it and ride.i have heard of this setup before or is it just for earley model harleys and not twin cams

Old 12-28-2012 | 04:28 AM
goats
Road Captain

that would be cool.

i have never heard of it but that doesnt mean it doesnt exist.

one thing i know for sure is the key fob i have is very limited in range, like five or six feet... nothing like the 30 or 50 foot range my wifes car has

Old 12-28-2012 | 06:17 AM
ntculenuf
Cruiser

the problem with remote start is the fact that the bike is not an automatic. if the bike was in gear when you started it, the bike would just keep lurching and trying to start up to 2 minutes until the remote start rpm sensor registered the motor started. not a pretty site. seen this happen to a manual car once, just kept ramming the car in front of it lol.

Old 12-28-2012 | 06:47 AM
Mick 'Iceni' Smith
Intermediate

My mates bike had this but it wasn't a Harley. Looks really cool though if you can set it up. As mentioned though it wouldn't look so cool if it is left in gear though lol

Old 12-28-2012 | 08:31 AM
goats
Road Captain

Originally Posted by ntculenuf
the problem with remote start is the fact that the bike is not an automatic. if the bike was in gear when you started it, the bike would just keep lurching and trying to start up to 2 minutes until the remote start rpm sensor registered the motor started. not a pretty site. seen this happen to a manual car once, just kept ramming the car in front of it lol.

lmfao thats funny as hell... thanks for that :-)

Old 12-28-2012 | 08:59 AM
im
Seasoned HDF Member

It would be rather sad if some kid or ball had mistakenly clicked the bike into gear or rider left the bike in gear because it was parked on a slope.
Then there would be the whole unlocking the forks and ignition while the bike was still running.
I always thought that such an option in a car could be dangerous if somehow the vehicle was started by accident in an enclosed garage or while someone had their hands in the engine area.

Old 12-28-2012 | 09:02 AM
Iceman24
Seasoned HDF Member
Veteran: Air Force

Remote starter for a bike - what a RUB... And...you even mention "sitting having a coffee" XD Time to take away your poser card!

Old 12-28-2012 | 09:21 AM
Warp Factor
Outstanding HDF Member

I want a remote kick-starter....

Old 12-28-2012 | 12:24 PM
Dan33klein
Tourer

Like any car..

If the remote start is installed correctly it will be wired with The neutral safety circuit.

If the bike is in gear it would even attempt to start.

Just like on a manual Trans car, it should be wired where the car must be in neutral with park break engaged to work. If its not, it wont even attempt to.

Old 12-28-2012 | 01:19 PM
ChickinOnaChain
Big Kahuna HDF Member

I like the whole "fob" gimmick but remote start...I don't know. I like being on it and starting it up. But that's me.

Quick Reply: keyless remote control starter foe blackline