Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

NEED HELP!!! Aftermarket electronic speedo wiring

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2012, 07:18 PM
jreichart
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default NEED HELP!!! Aftermarket electronic speedo wiring

Picked up the 48mm mini electronic speedo from Jireh Cycles and can't get the thing to work. I connected temporarily via the stock speedo connector. O/w accessory power to speedo orange sensor power. Lgn/v serial data to speedo green signal. Bn/gy battery to speedo red 12 volt. Black to ground. With ignition off, speedo is lit up and needle sweeps gauge once. Wth ingnition in run or bike started, needle jumps all over the place randomly. It doesn't register any speed at all when rear wheel is turning. Description says easy push button calibration, but the supplied button only cycles through the trip meters. Jireh is no help at all, they could only tell me what was already on the vague wiring diagram.

Any help is greatly appreciated! I'm lost on this one. Hope I didn't mess up the speedo.......

Old 12-24-2012, 07:51 PM
jreichart
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I knew it! I have searched for the answer for hours, and as soon as I post I'm able to dig up an instruction sheet for a similar speedo from J&P. Seems the wiring for the new speedo needs to be hooked into the speed sensor wiring, NOT the wiring at the stock speedo. D'oh! Hope I haven't messed it up......

Old 12-24-2012, 08:42 PM
rancid13
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'd doubt its messed up, hope I'm right! Glad you figured it out, I was gonna suggest calling the manufacturer. Anyway let us know how it goes