Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I Need Two, How 'Bout you

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2012 | 11:00 PM
Brobrian
|
Cruiser
Cool I Need Two, How 'Bout you

Harley's, at least the older ones, are so shall we say, maintenance intensive, that I need two. How about you.

Today, my '95 springer had a flat on the way to work, and the gas cap mysteriously disappeared. As a result, I have to ride my '05 Ultra to work tomorrow. It's only about the ten-thousandth time I've had to fall back on my second Harley when my first choice for the day was non-functional.

I have two, how about you?

Old 12-20-2012 | 12:19 AM
skiddd
Supporter

Im getting another next year....

Old 12-20-2012 | 03:54 AM
stailjim61
Road Captain

Originally Posted by Brobrian
Harley's, at least the older ones, are so shall we say, maintenance intensive, that I need two. How about you.

Today, my '95 springer had a flat on the way to work, and the gas cap mysteriously disappeared. As a result, I have to ride my '05 Ultra to work tomorrow. It's only about the ten-thousandth time I've had to fall back on my second Harley when my first choice for the day was non-functional.

I have two, how about you?
I've been saying the same thing for years. Buy a Bagger and leave it alone. And have a beater, barhopper, for fun. All the money folks spend on one bike could easily pay for a beater barhopper. BUT what do they do? They waste money on chrome and other PUZZY accessories that don't do squat. This whole Harley "experience" is being overtaken by RUBS and wannabees. 90% don't ride any more. They just polish the chrome until it's dull, put on their vest with all the patches, ride 1.5 miles to "bike night", then stand in the parking lot with all the other RUBS and talk about chrome.

But, to give my 2 cents, that 1st choice bike will outlast the new junk Harley puts out. Don't give up on her. Just put in the time to keep her going and enjoy it. Spend more time on your 1st choice ride and it won't let you down.

Old 12-20-2012 | 05:27 AM
kneesinthebreeze
Road Master

My other bike is not a Harley but I bought a new Deluxe for the same reasons you stated. Love them both. The Triumph is just plain cool old school but the Deluxe is in a different league. The Deluxe feels like a leather recliner on 2 wheels and makes the Triumph feel like a dirt bike.

Attached Thumbnails I Need Two, How 'Bout you-2013-deluxe-010.jpg  
Old 12-20-2012 | 05:31 AM
Tracker56
Road Master

Yup, got two. But not because of reliability issues, my Sportster has sentimental value. I bought my Ironhead new in '83 and she still runs like a champ! I'll be passing her on to my son one of these days...

Old 12-20-2012 | 07:36 AM
hspring03
Elite HDF Member

My sig keeps filling up.... And so does my shed..... The addition I put on last year is already maxed out and I don't have the sidecar home yet......

Old 12-20-2012 | 09:05 AM
71FLH
Road Warrior

Got 3 but only 2 softails. Sig shows them.

Old 12-20-2012 | 10:02 AM
tmac00333
Grand HDF Member

I want two but can't decide if I want a big touring whopper and turn my softail into a solo hot-rod or get a hot-rod Dyna and keep the softail as sort of a combo tourer/ solo hot-rodder.

It's driving me crazy!

Old 12-20-2012 | 11:42 AM
CSS_FXD
Road Warrior

I'm really wanting to pick up a older Evo softail to strip down on the cheap to make it my little hot rod bike and keep the bagger for longer needed rides. Best of both worlds. And workin on the older Evo softails is so much easier and cheaper vs the new 200 rear tires that's why I sold my 2006 train.

Old 12-20-2012 | 11:50 AM
bronxbill
Road Warrior
Veteran: Marine Corp

Got two also; Fatboy is set up for solo riding, Trike for touring

Quick Reply: I Need Two, How 'Bout you