Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Wheels

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2012 | 08:53 AM
WARG
|
Elite HDF Member
Default New Wheels

I can't seem to get the 21" wheel thing out of my head so I'm going to give it a shot finally. Here is the question, should I go all chrome or maybe chrome rims/hubs with black spokes? I have stretched fenders, etc planned but the wheels will be first. I have been debating this for a couple years and one of the reasons I backed out earlier this year was because I wasn't sure if I wanted all chrome or not. I am currently running 18x3.5" fat spokes so a chrome wheel would be easiest and cheapest but I am trying to set this thing off so give me your opinions please.

Old 12-19-2012 | 09:20 AM
Motown Strag
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by WARG
I can't seem to get the 21" wheel thing out of my head so I'm going to give it a shot finally. Here is the question, should I go all chrome or maybe chrome rims/hubs with black spokes? I have stretched fenders, etc planned but the wheels will be first. I have been debating this for a couple years and one of the reasons I backed out earlier this year was because I wasn't sure if I wanted all chrome or not. I am currently running 18x3.5" fat spokes so a chrome wheel would be easiest and cheapest but I am trying to set this thing off so give me your opinions please.

If I could do it over I might have done a black rim with chrome nips spokes and hubs but I have a blk & wht bike with WW's

For yours if they could PC match close to your paint color then PC spokes or just nips would look good...tough call, you never know what its going to look like till its on. A little color would set it apart though.

Old 12-19-2012 | 09:30 AM
WARG
|
Elite HDF Member

The bike actually has a lot of black in it...engine guard, pinstripe, horn cover, A/C cover, etc. Thats why I am considering black spokes so it blends, not too overpowering.

Old 12-19-2012 | 09:36 AM
Hogpro
Former Sponsor

Your bike begs for chrome although a little contrast is nice. I don;t think that you have enough black parts on your bike to justify the black spokes. Just my opinion.

Old 12-19-2012 | 10:30 AM
PanHeadRich
Outstanding HDF Member

IMO, Black fat spokes with Chrome rim & hub is the best look. It would look killer on your ride! If I ever win the loto, bla, bla, bla...

Old 12-19-2012 | 11:01 AM
tbonetony06
Outstanding HDF Member

I think with the color of your bike and the black you already have on the bike it screams for chrome. I know I am an admitted chrome ***** but it's not that at all with your bike. Your bike has the deep rich color to it and enough black aready, IMHO, Chrome hands down.

Old 12-19-2012 | 11:11 AM
Motown Strag
Road Warrior

If you are going chrome keep what you have...doesnt look like a 21 will fit under that fender so there is the cost of modding that too right?

Allot of scratch for the same look with only another 1.5 on each side of the wheel. (although a 21 never looks bad no matter what)

If you do everything the easy way you will end up looking like all the rest of us under-achievers...take chances if you want to set it apart from the crowd!

Old 12-19-2012 | 11:17 AM
lionsm13
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by WARG

Personally, I think that your bike looks great as is, and would leave the 18 on!!
To me the "skinny tire" looks out of place on beefy lookin' bikes and completely out of contrast/contour if your into that state of mind, where things belong and things don't belong due to the shape(s).

Kinda like baggy pants and silly **** like that, if ya know what I mean?
Keep whatcha got.. I like it as is..

Old 12-19-2012 | 11:59 AM
Benway
Elite HDF Member

You'll have to get a Heritage/Deluxe front fender or it just won't look right. I'm quite happy with my 18" setup.

Old 12-19-2012 | 01:35 PM
06 flstfise
Road Captain

Why not either post in the photoshop forum, or do a photoshop with the mods done. A lot easier than spending the money and not liking it. I tend to say the black spokes would look good. I would also think black hubs, with black nipples would look good too. I really like the contrast with Red,Black and Chrome. Good luck with the decision

Quick Reply: New Wheels