Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Console questions

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2012 | 03:22 PM
redmosquito1
|
Tourer
Default Console questions

Looking for a source other than dealer to get a slim console. Looking at the parts list it looks like I will only need the wiring harness, the console, and rubber gasket for going on the tank. Problem with going through the dealer is they gotta order each piece separately so anyone know where I can find one as a whole? Like a wrecker or something? Ebay not showing much.

Thanks

Old 12-17-2012 | 05:57 PM
fcsallan
Road Warrior

I would think it will be a while before too many are on Ebay or Craigs. Still new and not too many aftermarket pieces to entice people to remove them.

Old 12-17-2012 | 06:09 PM
redmosquito1
|
Tourer

Makes sense. My dealer said I gotta buy each part individually and piece it together which is gonna be a huge PIA. I just want to know approx how much it'll cost me to get the whole set up.

On another note, does anyone know if the later model FLSTC's came with this style of console in chrome with out the hole on the side for the trip reset?

Old 12-18-2012 | 09:16 AM
HDCustomFabrication
Banned

You can use this website to view parts manuals and see what you need. Just search for whatever year and model you want, you have to go all the way through to the cart to get actual part numbers though.

http://partsfinder.onlinemicrofiche.....asp?make=hdmc

Old 12-18-2012 | 10:16 AM
Motown Strag
Road Warrior

An 11 heritage has the chrome style cat eye dash and might be a direct bolt on for your tank...you are a 2012 right? You will need the trip reset to use as a gas gage when the sending unit on your fuel gage craps out...lol

This was a cool thread about consoles but you are a newer model so I dont know what will fit yours. https://www.hdforums.com/forum/softa...-needed-3.html

I have the lo pro, went on easy looks great if you wanted other options...here again dont know about fitment on your year.

For Harley parts try Surdyke.com

Old 12-19-2012 | 03:42 PM
redmosquito1
|
Tourer

I want the chrome cat eye dash, looking at the 2012 or 12 slim they use the same set up and electronics as my 2012 luxe so it should work. I'm just wondering now if the flstc's have the hole or not. According to my dealer in 2011 HD changed the switches on the handle bars to include the trip reset and removed it from the console. So I believe it should be holeless.

Now, from looking at the parts breakdown the dealer gave me I will only need a few parts to get this to work. The most important is the harness since the lights are different on the cat eye dash but the slim harness has the same 8 pin connector that my luxe harness does so that should not be an issue, just whether the ECU will recognize the change or not.

I found a chrome cat eye that was sprayed black on ebay for $50 that should be here by end of the week. If the chrome is good underneath I might move forward with my plan to order the harness and see if it all works. After that its pretty much just the rubber gasket, tank panel, and backing plate for the speedo. I hope. Looks like it'll run me close to $300 to do this though. Should look **** once its done. I'll keep posting as I go.