Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Heritage or Street Glide?

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2012 | 05:21 PM
promarky
|
Intermediate
Smile Heritage or Street Glide?

Hey All,

I'm currently trying to decide.

Money aside, say you had to decide between a new Heritage Softail or a new Street Glide... which one would it be?

I was really into the Street Glide for a while there because of the audio system, but now I'm more into the Heritage because I don't really like what's on the radio these days anyhow, and I like a bike I can throw around a bit, a bit lighter and more maneuverable.

Both bikes have good storage which is important, I like being able to pick up some milk if I had to, or somewhere we can put the wife's purse and jacket in, etc..

What do you guys think? Thanks!

Old 11-30-2012 | 05:45 PM
jimbo285
Tourer

I too am torn, so I bought a fixer-upper heritage to tide me over until I can decide / afford new. Heritage not exactly lightweight to throw around. I cant imagine it's much different riding than the glide. Softail sits lower and further away from bars, so it's different.

Old 11-30-2012 | 05:49 PM
mmcbeat
Elite HDF Member

My choices boiled down to a Heritage or a Road King. I rode both, did a lot or research and went with the RK. In my case, price was a factor. The standard RK and Heritage are about the same. I personally don't care for tunes on a scooter. I went with the RK, best choice for me.

Old 11-30-2012 | 05:54 PM
EZSkankin29
Road Captain

First bike was a fat boy. Have a street glide now and love it. Can't imagine riding without a stereo. I took the antenna off my bike and don't even use the radio. I only use my iPod. Although if you have XM that would be nice. Try them both out with a rental.

Old 11-30-2012 | 06:05 PM
guitar
Cruiser

Never ridden a Street Glide but love my Heritage, but I am old enough to still be into the Heritage look. Can you go wrong either way? I doubt it.

Old 11-30-2012 | 06:50 PM
drf7728
Advanced

The heritage is ready to go you got the back rest and windshield good seat everything. SG the seat sucks windshield is to low. Touring bike my a##. I had a heritage for 50,00miles and liked it. Like the fairing but i get more wind on SG than heritage. Also you sit in a heritage you sit on the SG. I liked the look of the SG. Good luck

Old 11-30-2012 | 08:05 PM
Mike Willmont
Tourer

I have a Fatboy and a SG. What type of riding will you be doing?

Old 11-30-2012 | 08:41 PM
skiddd
Supporter

I like em all, personal choice I guess......

Old 11-30-2012 | 08:45 PM
dennyo
Seasoned HDF Member

........... Street-Glide ...

Old 11-30-2012 | 10:18 PM
stailjim61
Road Captain

Money aside, I would go with the SG. I've been on both extensively and they both handle like crap. All Softails feel like you're riding a brick and the SG has a stiff rear suspension. My personal bike is a Heritage and I can hang with the best of them, but the handling still sucks. The SG is a nice mix between the Heritage and a bagger, without the extreme of either.

Like someone else said, if you want the best of both worlds go with the Road King. With the right bars and seat it IS a sweet ride. Smooth as silk for hours and turns on a dime. Ask anyone that owns one and they will say the same. Personally, I think the RK is the bike to explore if you're choices are the Heritage and SG.

Quick Reply: Heritage or Street Glide?