Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Heritage or Street Glide?

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2012 | 08:08 PM
gerjets
Road Master

The Heritage is pretty versatile. Windshield on or off, bags on or off, etc. I love my Heritage. Very comfortable, low to the ground, & it handles great!

Old 12-01-2012 | 08:26 PM
2black1s
Elite HDF Member

I'm not even going to try to suggest which bike you want, but I will tell you what I think is the biggest difference between any Softail and any Touring bike based on my experience having one of each.

I like the solid feel and the connection between rider and machine of the Softail and its rigid mounted drivetrain.

The rubber mounted Touring bikes just don't give you the same feeling. They are much smoother for cruising down the highway all day long and that's a definite plus, but they feel "sloppy" otherwise. Too much "backlash" (for lack of a better word) in many riding situations.

Old 12-01-2012 | 08:53 PM
CSS_FXD
Road Warrior

Get the bike you like?!? Hands down a Street Glide for me. After a Sportster a Wide Glide and a Night Train I LOVE my SG. I too thought I don't need a radio but now I don't ride without it. A SG has the sleek looks yet you can carry some needed stuff along. It rides amazingly and is a breeze to ride. You really need to ride both if your on the fence about it.

Old 12-02-2012 | 02:43 AM
harleymartin
Intermediate

Originally Posted by promarky
Hey All,

I'm currently trying to decide.

Money aside, say you had to decide between a new Heritage Softail or a new Street Glide... which one would it be?

I was really into the Street Glide for a while there because of the audio system, but now I'm more into the Heritage because I don't really like what's on the radio these days anyhow, and I like a bike I can throw around a bit, a bit lighter and more maneuverable.

Both bikes have good storage which is important, I like being able to pick up some milk if I had to, or somewhere we can put the wife's purse and jacket in, etc..

What do you guys think? Thanks!
I had a Heritage Softail and traded for a SG , after 3 mouths I want the Heritage Softail back.

Old 12-02-2012 | 06:27 AM
jessultra
Road Master

ride a softail with airide (shotgun) you will be amazed , i have road a sg and a ultra and the ride dont even come close but the tunes are nice