Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Aux. LED lights

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2012, 01:27 PM
Zener
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Aux. LED lights

There's been quite a bit of discussion about the LED headlight from discountfleetsupply.com but not much about their aux. LED's (#80275) for our passing lamps. I'm wondering how much light they put out compared to the OEM HD aux. lights. They don't list any light output specs in their item description like they do for the LED headlight. Maybe hard to compare if you've replaced the headlight with LED too because you may not be able to know how much of the improvement is due to the headlight and how much to the aux.'s. Has anyone tried these and care to comment about the performance?

Old 11-23-2012, 07:30 PM
KW-HD Rider
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have them on my Ultra along with the headlight. In the dark they are significantly brighter than the stock lights. However, in day light from certain angles they look like they are off. I think they cast a slightly wider beam than stock also. They compliment the look of the phase 7 headlights with the slightly darker look.

I am looking to put both on the wife's new Heritage. The performance at night is worth the slightly less visible during the day.

Old 11-23-2012, 07:50 PM
Dixie Dreg
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I went with the Kuryakyn Constellation light bar from custom dynamics. http://www.customdynamics.com/

The combination of the LED light bar and the LED headlight http://www.truck-lite.com/wcsstore/tl/splash.html gives me a wide view , both sides of the road and down the middle. I used to be apprehensive about riding at night with the stock HD lights, now I enjoy it.