Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Solo seats

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2012 | 09:06 PM
moomba
|
Cruiser
Default Solo seats

I have been looking for a so seat and am having difficulty deciding. Can you guys offer some advise?

Old 11-20-2012 | 09:14 PM
kozy22
Outstanding HDF Member

What's it's going on, what have you narrowed it down to?

Old 11-20-2012 | 09:21 PM
moomba
|
Cruiser

It is going a 06 night train. I was looking at a Corbin, lapera, or mustang. I am not sure of the reviews on these or which is better.

Thanks for the advice.

Old 11-20-2012 | 09:28 PM
PanHeadRich
Outstanding HDF Member

You need to determine, or advise of what you want in a seat. Are you looking for more comfort, a better look? Why do you want a different seat?

Old 11-20-2012 | 09:35 PM
QC
Club Member
Riders Club Member

Just put a Mustang Solo on mine. It is a bit thicker so I sit higher, not sure if I like it up high. Changed the balance and handling. Much more comfortable so far than the Corbin I took off. Gonna ride it for a while before I decide whether to keep it as is, modify it by taking an inch out of it and have it recovered, or go to something else. Hope this helps.

Old 11-20-2012 | 10:11 PM
Vic Bronco
Road Captain

C&C seats are the ****.

Old 11-20-2012 | 10:35 PM
Echo6 Sierra
Road Captain

I've been having the same issue as of late. I find a solo seat I like and for every good review I read, I read a bad one. I've come to accept the fact that people aren't going to be happy unless their bitching about something.

I think I'm just going to go with the LePera Bare Bones and be done with it.

Old 11-21-2012 | 06:31 AM
Motown Strag
Road Warrior

The bare bones in my opinion looks the best if you want a really minimalistic seat for around town riding. There are some iron asses on here that say they can ride all day with one...that probably wont be your experiance. I love my seat and will never change it until my back breaks or Lepera comes out with an even smaller one. Everything is a trade off where looks and comfort are concerned. Seats are like fat chicks...the ones with lots of padding are a nice ride but who wants to be seen on one? lol jk

C&C seats are nice quality as well from what I hear...some say the foam is better, maybe it is?

Old 11-21-2012 | 07:14 AM
Benway
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by Echo6 Sierra
I've been having the same issue as of late. I find a solo seat I like and for every good review I read, I read a bad one. I've come to accept the fact that people aren't going to be happy unless their bitching about something.

I think I'm just going to go with the LePera Bare Bones and be done with it.
I ebay'd a Lepara Bare Bones. It was like sitting on a plank of wood. Didn't fit my bike anyway... Thinking of getting an inch or so sculpted out of my Deluxe seat.

Old 11-21-2012 | 10:02 PM
RANGER73
Seasoned HDF Member
Veteran: Army

I've got a Mustang and a Saddleman gel like them both. But I must say the Saddleman sits me lower, which I like.

Quick Reply: Solo seats