Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

o2 sensor

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2012 | 07:09 AM
cwsharp
Stellar HDF Member

Originally Posted by tbonetony06
Well, I guess that's what makes the world go round Dude, different opinions, different mods with different parts used on different bikes. If your going to keep track of this thread just to be able to "Throw something back in my face" well, I guess that must be a pretty boring life you led. You can wait around all you want Dude, I won't be changing nothing to any of your recommendations, other then what I had mentioned and the Torrington bearings any time soon, if ever!!! Although I just prefer to cruise on my bike it does run like a rapped ape if I do say so myself. I have had nothing but compliments on my bike especially those who have worked on it, ridden it or ridden with me, well, except from you. I even got a positive thumbs up from the guy who does my major mechanical work, he said he was very surprised when he rode it, I think his exact words were "Very Impressed". Also, when I take my bike and have it dyno'd, I do not go to a Harley shop who is bound by rules and regulations. I have it dialed in to as close to perfection and peak performance as I can possibly get it and where I am located??? HUH??. I guess I must live somewhere for what ever reason no one around here can run the parts I do or their bike will always run like crap, unable to do anything about it!!! I guess I will consider packing up and moving to where my bike will run better with the set up I have or may have in the future. OH, I am not worried about any performance issues when I change my pipes either. I will get it dialed in, I promise!!! Hmmm, I wonder why such a "Hater"??
You having PMS? It was a joke. Anyone on this forum that says they don't plan on doing any more mods to their HD gets a chuckle I think. It is said so many times its like a mantra.

As far as the legitimate comments in your flameoff... I don't know of any independents that can dyno an SE tuner... but then, I haven't really gone looking for one. When I bought my '06 new the only thing that was available was a download was what was explained by the dealer to me. Later tuners have a module that is tied to your bike's ECM as I understand it. I don't know if you can dyno one if you aren't a dealer. I don't hear of anyone that sticks with them either... but that doesn't mean it doesn't happen. I was just trying to help based upon my experience... I wasn't going to change anything, either and went with a dyno and a PCIII the first time. I'm still making changes... sorry for the intrusion in your world.

Old 11-24-2012 | 08:47 AM
tbonetony06
|
Outstanding HDF Member

Whatever, I wasn't "flammin". I think most people are not so keen to have someone, a stranger, tell someone else they are going to throw something in their face and if you think about it and be honest about it you would agree. I have seen many, many bar fights start over MUCH less than that. I am not angry nor am I upset. If anyone reads your reply and were honest they would have to agree too. I do have a shop that dyno's as well as do all the head work one could want. Thats all they do. I don't know why he would lie to me and tell me he dynos my bike with a SE race tuner and then not do it. With all the modifications I now have on my bike, including the SE race tuner, I have not had 1 single problem and it runs as healthy as any bike I have had or ridden over the nearly past 40 years. That was also going from 1 set of pipes to the current 2 into 1 Python I now have. I don't know why I would have any trouble going from that pipe to the cholo's. As far as future mechanical mods go, other than I already explained, there really isn't much I can do without splitting the cases and I am just not going to do that, I have no need too. If I did want to go any bigger I would not split the cases anyways, I would just order a crate motor and I have no need to do that either. I just cruise, not race. There is plenty there with what I have already done, I just don't need any bigger or any faster. It has plenty of torque and pony's the way she sits now. As far as cosmetics goes, yea, a guy could make changes to that every day of the week, i.e. the apes, pipes, seat and chrome I WANTED to do this winter. If anyone follows anything I have said over the past few days I just found out I am going to be a grandpa and my son has a **** job with for **** pay. I will make sure my grandbaby has everything it needs before I worry about myself or my bike. I hope to be able to do both of those things but it comes down to 1 or the other, my bike looses out. I have met some GREAT people on this site. I have gotten some great information on this site too. It's just a cool place to come in the morning when having coffee to learn and exchange idea's. I don't put much weight into anyone who wants to throw things in my face. If you woke and read that, sent to you, I am betting it wouldn't go over to well with you either. I am getting to be an old man though so stuff like this just isn't that big of a deal. Flamming? naw! Thats a wasted emotion. Anger? Life is to short for that. Problems with my bike all summer? Zero!!! Have a nice day.