Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fatboy passenger floorboard question

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2012, 01:14 PM
loxahatcheeFatBoy
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Passenger Floorboard

Here is what I did.

Attached Thumbnails Fatboy passenger floorboard question-imag0235.jpg   Fatboy passenger floorboard question-imag0237.jpg   Fatboy passenger floorboard question-imag0234.jpg   Fatboy passenger floorboard question-imag0230.jpg  

Last edited by loxahatcheeFatBoy; 11-27-2012 at 01:53 PM.
Old 11-27-2012, 01:50 PM
Smileman
Tourer
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by loxahatcheeFatBoy
Here is what I did.
Interesting....

Did you modify the existing peg bracket or is that a kit?

Old 11-27-2012, 02:09 PM
loxahatcheeFatBoy
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Bolt

There was an after market floorboard on the bike when I got it. It had some large metal brackets so I'm not sure what was stock and what was whamo but the parts guy said it was aftermarket. I unbolted everything brackets and all. The only thing I used from the old setup was one bolt and the black spacer.

I bought the mini floor board HD part, A longer bolt part HD number will be in the attachment, and two spring clips. The belt side bolt work fine I think it was a stock bolt. The longer bolt on the brake side.

The only modification could be a black metal spacer not sure if that was wamo, shop made, or Harley. Basically pipe stock 1 5/8" long painted black, it could be shorter with V & H pipes the length was to get it between the stock pipes so I'm thinking it may be a HD part. I left it long to keep the pass foot away from the pipes. Beside the small piece of pipe stock which I'm not sure but Harley parts could tell you everything else is bolt on HD parts with the holes in the stock bike frame. If you need to make the spacer, I would to keep a foot away from the pipe, it would be very easy with a piece of pipe and a hacksaw.

Attached Thumbnails Fatboy passenger floorboard question-imag0232.jpg   Fatboy passenger floorboard question-imag0233.jpg  

Last edited by loxahatcheeFatBoy; 11-27-2012 at 02:19 PM.
Old 08-13-2014, 11:59 AM
boydgreg
5th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I recently added floorboards to my Fatboy lo. I had Reinhart exhaust added so did not have the standard mounting bracket either and it took some digging to find out that the part I needed was 50459-06. This is the gloss black one though so you'll have to find the chrome one if you want, but the key is on the Harley site they normally have a installation file that will show the instructions and you are looking for the set that BOTH SIDES connects near and goes around the pivot bolt. This requires you to take off any pivot bolt cover you have. Then you're existing floorboard should connect to this mount. Hope this helps.