Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fatboy passenger floorboard question

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2012, 09:01 AM
spydyr
Road Captain
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I've had passenger boards on my Fatboy with BSS, but it's an 09... the mounting bracket is different. That would be an expensive fix, but it would fix it... buy the newer brackets. Otherwise you're going to have to fix up some sort of spacer concoction.

Not sure if you can make out the bracket, but mine came with a serious black bracket that would hook around the pivot bolt and bolt in the same hole as your passenger peg hole.

Attached Thumbnails Fatboy passenger floorboard question-motorcycle-flame-pics-001-1.jpg  
Old 11-13-2012, 09:31 AM
fatusboyus
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Smileman
Can't you go right into the upper hole? When I put on my pipes the Vance and Hines kit came with a replacement bolt that I used to attach the foot peg directly into that upper hole. The bracket is no longer needed.

****edit***
I'm pretty sure I saw a recent thread on here that mentioned that Heritage Passenger foot boards would fit. I did a search but couldn't find the thread. I don't want to put out false info but it might be something to look into.
i actually called vance and hines....they were just rude...acted like i was bothering them and was no help at all

i'll look into the heritage passenger floorboard brackets....there might be something to that, thanks for the advice, i'll search also and see what i can find

Old 11-13-2012, 09:32 AM
fatusboyus
Road Master

Originally Posted by Raddazzz
you might have to go back to standard passenger foot pegs
yeah thats what i'm afraid might happen....my daughter who's 12 loves to ride with me and was hoping i could find a way to still use the floorboards for her

Old 11-13-2012, 11:01 AM
Smileman
Tourer
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Old 11-13-2012, 12:51 PM
fatusboyus
Road Master

thanks for that link, i just sent a member a pm from that post, thinkin i may need the heritage mounts

thanks man

Old 11-13-2012, 01:26 PM
Smileman
Tourer
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by fatusboyus
thanks for that link, i just sent a member a pm from that post, thinkin i may need the heritage mounts

thanks man
Hey if you find out anything let me know. I'm in the same boat as you.

Old 11-22-2012, 05:30 PM
fatusboyus
Road Master

Hey if you find out anything let me know. I'm in the same boat as you.
these are the floorboards you need. See the different mounting brackets that bolt to the swingarm?...took me awhiile to figure this out

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Harley-David...0a4743&vxp=mtr

Old 11-26-2012, 09:13 PM
loxahatcheeFatBoy
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

2004 fatboy with Vance&Hines longshots HD mini-floor boards like bike peddles but bigger. I had aftermarket floorboards that had a whamo bracket. My wife was always burning her shoes on the stock exhaust. The new
setup the pass floorboards is above the pipe works great! I bought several stock mounting bolts and it looks good works great.I will post some pics in my profile Tuesday.

Last edited by loxahatcheeFatBoy; 11-26-2012 at 09:29 PM.
Old 11-26-2012, 09:35 PM
jadlh
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I bought some floor boards from J/P cycle and just screwed them on to the stud that the passenger foot peg was on, they fit great. I do however have a problem, every once in awhile those floorboards spin the stud and I have to spin them clockwise to a tighter position.

Old 11-26-2012, 09:43 PM
loxahatcheeFatBoy
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by fatusboyus
never thought about pics...duh

here, hope someone can figure out my delimma

with my stock pipes on:

the stock muffler bracket that the passenger floor boards attached to (this bracket wont even fit now)

in this pic you can see with the stock passenger floorboard bracket, it clearly sits right on the vance and hines big shots pipe

On the solution I used, I have the same pipes, you only use the rear most hole on the next to last picture. This gives you plenty of room above the pipe and out.The floorboards goes straight out and folds up when not in use measures 4x4.

Last edited by loxahatcheeFatBoy; 11-26-2012 at 09:47 PM.

Quick Reply: Fatboy passenger floorboard question