Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LED vs. Halogen

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2012, 09:06 AM
scorpion65
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question LED vs. Halogen

I am looking in to changeing out my headlight and driving lights on my 2002 Heritage classic. I was wondering if the leds are worth the money or are the halogens a better option right now I have the sealed beam headlight and it is just not enough light at night.

Old 11-09-2012, 09:14 AM
golfmech
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

In my opinion, the LED doesn't look right on the Heritage. Much more light though. Just my 2 cents.

Old 11-09-2012, 09:18 AM
tmac00333
Grand HDF Member
Received 1,806 Likes on 1,173 Posts

Originally Posted by scorpion65
I am looking in to changeing out my headlight and driving lights on my 2002 Heritage classic. I was wondering if the leds are worth the money or are the halogens a better option right now I have the sealed beam headlight and it is just not enough light at night.
I just replaced my halogen with the LED headlight about a month ago. I have to say I'm not sure it's worth the money. It's a lot WHITER than the old halogen, I'm just not sure if it's that much BRIGHTER.

I had to leave my lights on high beam all the time with the halogen, and I'm doing the same with the LED.

Others will probably have different thoughts.

Old 11-09-2012, 09:39 AM
BigGdawg
Club Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The LEDs are much better than the halogen lights.

Note to TMAC: If the LED lights are not lighting up enough for you to see on low beam they probably need to be aimed properly.

Old 11-09-2012, 10:12 AM
Wide_Open
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 148 Likes on 82 Posts

Originally Posted by BigGdawg
The LEDs are much better than the halogen lights.

Note to TMAC: If the LED lights are not lighting up enough for you to see on low beam they probably need to be aimed properly.
I agree. Proper aiming will work wonders with them.

Old 11-09-2012, 10:27 AM
bikerlaw
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 486 Likes on 354 Posts

Let me add this. Install 55w halogen bulbs in your driving lights and properly aim them. Its a cheap easy upgrade that made such an incredible difference I was way beyond amazed. Then you will have plenty of time to research and deciede on a headlight upgrade.

Old 11-09-2012, 01:11 PM
Ramboamt
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

You might want to check out this thread, it's about the "Truck lite LED lights"

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/softa...ing-lamps.html

Old 11-09-2012, 01:41 PM
PanHeadRich
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 65 Likes on 53 Posts

Originally Posted by tmac00333
I just replaced my halogen with the LED headlight about a month ago. I have to say I'm not sure it's worth the money. It's a lot WHITER than the old halogen, I'm just not sure if it's that much BRIGHTER.

I had to leave my lights on high beam all the time with the halogen, and I'm doing the same with the LED.

Others will probably have different thoughts.
Yeah, the guy below had different thoughts on it. Oh, wait, what?

I had the same problem, buddy of mine told me I had the weakest headlight he'd ever seen on a Harley. Scared to death at night. So I put in an LED couple weeks ago. HUGE difference at night.

Oh yeah, cost around $220 or so. I got the Truck Lite too, easy install, well worth the money.

Old 11-09-2012, 02:17 PM
tmac00333
Grand HDF Member
Received 1,806 Likes on 1,173 Posts

Here's the reason for the different answers, Mr. Forum Friggin Monitor:

You've never changed your mind about a mod? When I first got them, I was impressed because they were so much WHITER, as I said.

HOWEVER, after using them for about a month or so, as I SAID, I realized the added whiteness does NOT translate into better vision at night.

Now do you understand, dip-****?

I bet you were the class tattle-tale in school.

Old 11-09-2012, 04:49 PM
PanHeadRich
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 65 Likes on 53 Posts

Here's the reason for the different answers, Mr. Forum Friggin Monitor:

You've never changed your mind about a mod? When I first got them, I was impressed because they were so much WHITER, as I said.

HOWEVER, after using them for about a month or so, as I SAID, I realized the added whiteness does NOT translate into better vision at night.

Now do you understand, dip-****?

I bet you were the class tattle-tale in school.
When you first got them you were actually whining about them before you even took your bike out of the garage: https://www.hdforums.com/forum/softa...headlight.html Then 2 weeks later you decided you like them, then barley a week after that you're whining again? What's that say for your credibility? I tried to offer suggestions but you seem to ignore them. I know of other things you could check, but I won't waste my time or efforts offering you any other suggestions. I wouldn't want you running out of things to whine about. I've seen other posts of your whining after purchasing other items: https://www.hdforums.com/forum/softa...tors-suck.html Maybe you just like to whine? It's probably just a hormonal issue. Either way, it doesn't matter to me, your opinions certainly hold no credibility whatsoever.

Now go and have a great weekend bud, maybe you can get some riding in. Hopefully you don't break a nail and ruin your whole weekend

Quick Reply: LED vs. Halogen