Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LED vs. Halogen

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2012, 05:07 PM
BigMESA
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Old 11-09-2012, 06:25 PM
tmac00333
Grand HDF Member
Received 1,812 Likes on 1,175 Posts

Originally Posted by PanHeadRich
When you first got them you were actually whining about them before you even took your bike out of the garage: https://www.hdforums.com/forum/softa...headlight.html Then 2 weeks later you decided you like them, then barley a week after that you're whining again? What's that say for your credibility? I tried to offer suggestions but you seem to ignore them. I know of other things you could check, but I won't waste my time or efforts offering you any other suggestions. I wouldn't want you running out of things to whine about. I've seen other posts of your whining after purchasing other items: https://www.hdforums.com/forum/softa...tors-suck.html Maybe you just like to whine? It's probably just a hormonal issue. Either way, it doesn't matter to me, your opinions certainly hold no credibility whatsoever.

Now go and have a great weekend bud, maybe you can get some riding in. Hopefully you don't break a nail and ruin your whole weekend
I'd love to meet with you, say halfway somewhere, and discuss this issue further.

Old 11-09-2012, 06:36 PM
PanHeadRich
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 65 Likes on 53 Posts

Originally Posted by tmac00333
I'd love to meet with you, say halfway somewhere, and discuss this issue further.
Name calling and now threats, really? Haven't you embarrassed yourself enough yet? Just talk to the hand, I ain't listening to anymore of your nonsense

Old 11-10-2012, 07:56 AM
tmac00333
Grand HDF Member
Received 1,812 Likes on 1,175 Posts

Originally Posted by PanHeadRich
Name calling and now threats, really? Haven't you embarrassed yourself enough yet? Just talk to the hand, I ain't listening to anymore of your nonsense

Since you appear to have some sort of learning disability, I'll explain this one more time, slowly and with smaller words. If there's an adult in the house, get him or her to read it to you.

The LED is very white, much WHITER than halogen, which emits more of a yellow light. So the first impression one gets is that the LED is much BRIGHTER. This first impression can be deceiving. When I actually used the LED at night, I found - IN MY OPINION - it wasn't actually any brighter than my old halogen, or at least minimally so.

That is the reason for the change in opinion. It should be relatively easy to understand for anyone not suffering from brain trauma or irreversible stupidity.

Old 11-12-2012, 08:45 AM
odwa
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LED projection

Bought the LED because the projection is brighter during the daylite hours. I was in a head on accident back in May and retired woman explanation was "I just didn't see him".

Old 11-12-2012, 09:09 AM
Guitardude
Club Member
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Having had the opportunity to RIDE with THE LED and with my HARLEY DUAL BEAM HALOGEN ($139 from Harley) The thing that was apparent to ALL FOUR RIDERS who rode the two bikes was that we could see further with the Halgen, rather on high beam or low beam, than we could with the LED, and the Halogen has the ADDED benifit of BEING MORE VISIBLE DURING THE DAYTIME.

This was done on TWO IDENTICAL Heritage, withe the headlight properly amied and passing lamps turned off...

And did I mention the DUAL BEAM Halogen is only $139 from Harley? The Passing lamps are $79 for the pair...

Old 11-12-2012, 02:39 PM
_Gir_
Road Warrior
Received 74 Likes on 60 Posts

For what it's worth, I'm waiting for the next gen of LED headlights. I don't feel I would be gaining anything by swapping out with the current models.

Old 11-12-2012, 04:31 PM
Dixie Dreg
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

http://www.truck-lite.com/wcsstore/tl/splash.html

http://www.customdynamics.com/

The LEDs are the way to go, I changed mine out recently, you couldn't pay me to go back.