Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Importing parts!

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2012 | 08:10 AM
Eube
|
Stage II
Default Importing parts!

Hi

I have searched but not found much info on this - sorry if it has been covered

I have been given a price from my UK dealer for £££'s of parts, however, looking on the HD.com website the cost comes out a lot lower...

Whats the shout - import parts from the states? Find an good Indy in the states to post maybe as gift?

Bite the bullet and pay SERIOUS uk dealer mark up percentages - and still wait whilst they import?

Thanks

Old 11-08-2012 | 11:27 AM
howolf
Cruiser

i can not speak for the UK, but in Belgium, EU Community, the customs don't believe the story of "gifts" anymore.
Here you have to pay 10% import tax on the invoice + shipping cost, and then on the total (invoice + shipping + import tax) another 21% VAT + another 10 or 15 euro as custom fee for inclaring the goods.

Maybe you can find a dealer who is willing to write a lower amount on the invoice.. but i'm afraid this won't be easy to find.

I hope the UK is different form Belgium, but these are the costs in the European Community,

Good luck anyway!

Last edited by howolf; 11-09-2012 at 11:19 AM.
Old 11-08-2012 | 11:53 AM
chi45cken
Road Master

Eube, I'm afraid you're screwed on the pricing... I noticed huge markups on parts in Poland as well... :/ I can recommend you a fantastic indy guy in Cali, who I believe has shipped to Europe before... hit him up on Facebook - Dirtbag Cycles in Martinez, CA - he would be able to tell you more about this stuff. He's a trustworthy dude and won't screw you over with pricing.

Old 11-08-2012 | 12:21 PM
oct1949
Club Member

Holly crap,, that's almost 100% or more Money for U to get parts over there..

All the people that moan and whine about High prices here State-Side better be thankful they don't have to pay what U guys overseas have to pay for parts.

Old 11-08-2012 | 12:30 PM
chi45cken
Road Master

good example - V&H Propipe Hi-Output - here $600-$700 in Poland in a catalog $1300

Old 11-08-2012 | 04:34 PM
Deadanimal
Tourer

Originally Posted by Eube
Hi

I have searched but not found much info on this - sorry if it has been covered

I have been given a price from my UK dealer for £££'s of parts, however, looking on the HD.com website the cost comes out a lot lower...

Whats the shout - import parts from the states? Find an good Indy in the states to post maybe as gift?

Bite the bullet and pay SERIOUS uk dealer mark up percentages - and still wait whilst they import?

Thanks
That is where you find yourself a US military friend and have them order the parts for you. It comes into them via US post office at a better rate and no import fees.

Old 11-08-2012 | 08:42 PM
chi45cken
Road Master

Originally Posted by deadanimal
that is where you find yourself a us military friend and have them order the parts for you. It comes into them via us post office at a better rate and no import fees.
or that! :d

Old 11-08-2012 | 10:31 PM
thelawnmowerman
Road Warrior

Pm me. If you need help. Not something people will discuss in open forum. It s against federal law to under declare stuff. So I've been told. I'm in the UK all my stuff is imported

Old 11-08-2012 | 10:47 PM
thelawnmowerman
Road Warrior

Scrap that, I just checked your profile, you will need to make some more posts, to enable the option of PM's, worth it though, I can help you out.

Old 11-08-2012 | 11:56 PM
luisan
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by Deadanimal
That is where you find yourself a US military friend and have them order the parts for you. It comes into them via US post office at a better rate and no import fees.
That practice is illegal and your military friend can get in serious trouble with military authorities and local Customs.It's called contraband!If you cannot afford HD parts/bikes switch to something cheaper that's within your budget.I think the Moderators shouldn't allow this kind of posts that condone illegal practices,maybe somebody in the future might start something about importing drugs without getting caught.This is a nice Forum for HD enthusiasts let's try to keep it that way!

Quick Reply: Importing parts!