Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Flush Mounted L.E.D mod on Fender Struts

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2012 | 09:38 PM
Harleycruiser
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by _Gir_
My I-don't-want-to-be-bugged-by-the-cops side of me is curious to know if there is any sort of DOT regulation that dictates how much brightness/sq inch of exposed lightage is required?
I have a similar set up on my bike, and the regulations on stop and run are the most enforced.
You are supposed to have dot approved reflectors on all your rear lights, and not have any coverings including blacked out.
In reality I have never been questioned or had anything said about mine, I have been stopped because my plug came loose and had no tail, but the cop let me drive home with the flashers on.
My turn are both mounted in the finder so they are not that far apart, about six inch, but there are sixteen of them so they are pretty bright.
When I put them in I was concerned about getting in trouble with them and always had the story ready that they were turn signals off of a Cadillac Escalade but never needed the story.
And no I don’t have a light on my license plate.