Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tractor style spring seats

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2012 | 02:59 PM
gnewman
|
Road Captain
Default Tractor style spring seats

I did a few searches here for spring seats and am not finding what I'm looking for and a bunch of links were dead. Maybe y'all can help me out.

I'm thinking I'd like to put a nice wide, tractor style spring seat on my springer classic. Was at my Indy today and he showed me what HD has to offer but thought I'd look to see what aftermarket seats are available. Do you guys (and gals) have any resources to some nice seats? Wouldn't mind a skirted seat but it doesn't have to be. Do want it wide and comfy enough for long rides. I don't like the tiny seats that the xbones have.

If you've done this conversion please show me some pics too.

Old 11-03-2012 | 03:19 PM
kjmahoney85
Advanced

I believe mustang makes a seat that would fit your requirements, although the xbones seat is by no means tiny! It is plenty wide and very comfortable!

Old 11-03-2012 | 03:57 PM
gnewman
|
Road Captain

Originally Posted by kjmahoney85
I believe mustang makes a seat that would fit your requirements, although the xbones seat is by no means tiny! It is plenty wide and very comfortable!
Saw the mustangs. Not really a spring seat and not quite tractor style. For some reason, they don't fit the 05 springer classic either. Wonder why.

The xbones seat, I'm calling small, cause of what I saw in the HD catalog. I do see some wider ones though. Still looking for non HD parts options though.

Old 11-03-2012 | 04:16 PM
Vic Bronco
Road Captain

The MoCo Deluxe spring saddle is by far the most comfortable seat I've ridden on. Nice and wide for full support, sits you as low as you can go on a sprung seat due to minimal padding, and looks plenty old school. I think some people refer to it as the 1925 tractor style seat, I'm just calling it what the box said when I got it a few years back. It's the same pan as the stock XB seat, just without any real padding to speak of.

Old 11-03-2012 | 04:21 PM
gnewman
|
Road Captain

Originally Posted by Vic Bronco
The MoCo Deluxe spring saddle is by far the most comfortable seat I've ridden on. Nice and wide for full support, sits you as low as you can go on a sprung seat due to minimal padding, and looks plenty old school. I think some people refer to it as the 1925 tractor style seat, I'm just calling it what the box said when I got it a few years back. It's the same pan as the stock XB seat, just without any real padding to speak of.
I think that may be what my Indy showed me. Got any pics of it in your ride?

Old 11-03-2012 | 04:41 PM
Vic Bronco
Road Captain

Originally Posted by gnewman
I think that may be what my Indy showed me. Got any pics of it in your ride?
Best I can find at the moment. I'd go out and snap some close ups, but it's currently at the dealership waiting to have it's fate decided by the insurance company between salvage or repair.

Attached Thumbnails Tractor style spring seats-img_1501.jpg   Tractor style spring seats-bike2.jpg  
Old 11-03-2012 | 05:18 PM
gnewman
|
Road Captain

Originally Posted by Vic Bronco
Best I can find at the moment. I'd go out and snap some close ups, but it's currently at the dealership waiting to have it's fate decided by the insurance company between salvage or repair.
Oh crap! What happened Vic?
That does look nice. Thanks for posting. I see moco has a nostalgic skirted one that has a bit more padding.

Old 11-03-2012 | 05:30 PM
8 UP
Cruiser
Old 11-03-2012 | 05:39 PM
gnewman
|
Road Captain

Originally Posted by 8 UP
Damn, those are nice!! Thx! Looks like it comes with everything including the pan. Also like that it can be mounted 2" back for height adjustment. Just have to decide how I feel about the rail.

Old 11-03-2012 | 05:42 PM
klf33
Outstanding HDF Member

I keep coming back to the springer seat on my bike and it just rocks.

Our bikes are the same I think I have a thread where i detailed how I have done my conversion, I switch seats in no more than 10 minutes.

Quick Reply: Tractor style spring seats