Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tractor style spring seats

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2013 | 07:44 PM
gnewman
|
Road Captain

Originally Posted by WKNDS
MotherRoadCustoms does sell just the frame covers - plain, no bolts
welded in or holes drilled. You'll just have to call them. I bought their
ECM cover and was just not impressed at all - $75 bucks for a thin piece
of plastic that didn't even cover the entire ECM so I didn't take a
chance on the frame cover..... Instead I ordered the Harley spring
solo seat installation kit. Wish I had asked this forum for just the
plastic ECM/frame cover part numbers so I wouldn't have to buy
the entire kit - dont need the springs/bolts/etc. The plastic covers
are like $40 ECM and $50 frame (or close to that). I'll post the
part numbers as soon as I go get my instructions sheet. Hopefully
it'll help someone else. Stay tuned.....

T.
That would be helpful. My police solo will be here tomorrow and want to grab a frame and ECM cover for it ASAP.

Old 03-31-2013 | 07:51 PM
WKNDS
Grand HDF Member

I'll post the part numbers as soon as I go get my instructions sheet. Hopefully it'll help someone else. Stay tuned.....
T.
Ok, here's what I've got....

Lower Frame Cover : 49800-10

ECM (upper frame) Cover
--------------------------
#49801-10 : FXST & FLSTSB
#49802-10 : FLST/C/N
#49803-10 : FLSTF/FB
#69200097 : FXS / FLS

Old 03-31-2013 | 07:52 PM
gnewman
|
Road Captain

Thanks!

Old 04-01-2013 | 08:06 AM
gnewman
|
Road Captain

Ok, here's what I've got....

Lower Frame Cover : 49800-10

ECM (upper frame) Cover
--------------------------
#49801-10 : FXST & FLSTSB
#49802-10 : FLST/C/N
#49803-10 : FLSTF/FB
#69200097 : FXS / FLS
Not getting any results off the HD site for those part numbers but I'll call the stealer today and see what they say.

Old 04-01-2013 | 06:22 PM
gnewman
|
Road Captain

Wanted to post an update. I had Bar Enterprises make my seat and it came in today. It's using the Vtwin manufacturing tbar mount which was off in a number of places by as much of an 1/8" but I managed to get it mounted.

From the stock seat, it's setting me back at least 5 inches and up probably 3 or 4" higher. Took it for a spin and it's really comfortable. Didn't feel any of the bumps in the road I felt on the stock seat, that's for sure. It's going to take some getting used to but so far I'm happy with it and think it's one step closer to my old-school look I'm shooting for. Also hope it solves pain issues I was having with my old seat.

Old 04-01-2013 | 06:59 PM
Uncle G.
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by gnewman
Wanted to post an update. I had Bar Enterprises make my seat and it came in today. It's using the Vtwin manufacturing tbar mount which was off in a number of places by as much of an 1/8" but I managed to get it mounted.

From the stock seat, it's setting me back at least 5 inches and up probably 3 or 4" higher. Took it for a spin and it's really comfortable. Didn't feel any of the bumps in the road I felt on the stock seat, that's for sure. It's going to take some getting used to but so far I'm happy with it and think it's one step closer to my old-school look I'm shooting for. Also hope it solves pain issues I was having with my old seat.

I love it, but I'd never be able to cope with the extra height and setback, as my legs are just too short.

Old 04-01-2013 | 07:07 PM
gnewman
|
Road Captain

Originally Posted by Uncle G.
I love it, but I'd never be able to cope with the extra height and setback, as my legs are just too short.
Thanks. Actually my buddy is shorter and he was able to reach the controls and ground just fine. The bars could have come back a little though. For me I think they'll be fine.

Old 04-01-2013 | 10:29 PM
SprungDave
Road Warrior

Gnew:

Your bike is looking great! Nice work!

Ride Safe!!

Old 04-02-2013 | 07:26 AM
gnewman
|
Road Captain

Originally Posted by SprungDave
Gnew:

Your bike is looking great! Nice work!

Ride Safe!!

Thanks Dave. All I've got to do is find a frame cover that will fit under the seat and fix a few pitted pieces of chrome and she's done cosmetically. However, I am toying with the idea of changing it to a nostalgic green/cream paint. Aside from that, I may do a cam upgrade next winter.

Old 04-02-2013 | 09:26 AM
Skeezmachine
Stellar HDF Member

Originally Posted by gnewman

Looking great!

If I may get off subject for a sec: I asked about your turn signals in another thread some time ago but never got a response. Was hoping I could bug you about them again? I have been thinking of getting those same turn signals for my Springer. However, every set I find online is only two-wire turn signals only, such as what my stock REAR signals are. I can't find anything for the front that has the three-wire/dual-filament set up. Do your front signals also function as run lights using dual-filament bulbs? If so, would you be able to direct me to the vendor from which you attained them?

Thanks and again, kudos on your Springer!

Quick Reply: Tractor style spring seats