Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tractor style spring seats

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2012 | 07:44 PM
kjmahoney85
Advanced

Originally Posted by klf33
I keep coming back to the springer seat on my bike and it just rocks.

Our bikes are the same I think I have a thread where i detailed how I have done my conversion, I switch seats in no more than 10 minutes.

Who makes your seat?

Old 11-03-2012 | 09:38 PM
klf33
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by kjmahoney85
Who makes your seat?
Its an ebay find i dont think its the style you arel ooking foor but there is everything on ebay.

Old 11-04-2012 | 03:26 PM
gnewman
|
Road Captain

I keep coming back to the springer seat on my bike and it just rocks.

Our bikes are the same I think I have a thread where i detailed how I have done my conversion, I switch seats in no more than 10 minutes.
Couldn't find your thread on how you did the conversion. Got a link to it?

I found some old school seat pans on eBay. Thinking about modifying one and having it upholstered. Also going to hit a swap meet next weekend to see what I can find.

Old 11-04-2012 | 04:01 PM
klf33
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by gnewman
Couldn't find your thread on how you did the conversion. Got a link to it?

I found some old school seat pans on eBay. Thinking about modifying one and having it upholstered. Also going to hit a swap meet next weekend to see what I can find.
Here is my thread,

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/softa...-fxst-c-b.html

I am not sure though you want a 'spring' seat, you probably are looking for more of a 'Post' type seat to go with the Springer front end.

Old 11-04-2012 | 04:05 PM
gnewman
|
Road Captain

Here is my thread,

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/softa...-fxst-c-b.html

I am not sure though you want a 'spring' seat, you probably are looking for more of a 'Post' type seat to go with the Springer front end.
Thanks for the link. Yeah, I'd love a post type seat but the frames changed and from what I've been told they won't work.

Old 11-04-2012 | 05:31 PM
klf33
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by gnewman
Thanks for the link. Yeah, I'd love a post type seat but the frames changed and from what I've been told they won't work.
I am almost sure it could be done.

Check this post

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/softa...pogo-seat.html

Also check these kits from CCI , I love these guys.

http://customchromecatalog.com/2012/full.asp?page=39

Old 11-09-2012 | 02:09 PM
Uncle G.
Seasoned HDF Member

I am almost sure it could be done.

Check this post

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/softa...pogo-seat.html

Also check these kits from CCI , I love these guys.

http://customchromecatalog.com/2012/full.asp?page=39

Now that's the very thing I've been looking for all these years. I've been wanting the "old school" solo seat on my Heritage almost since I've had it. What's stopped me is that I never liked any of the mounting solutions involving a pivot in front and two barrel springs in back. I really like the "cantilever" look of the old sprung seat.

All that's holding me up now is wondering how I will like the change in riding position with this setup, as this mount will definately place me higher up and further forward. Anybody else tried this setup? How is the quality of the mount kit? Is the change in riding position dificult to adjust to? I have a 30" inseam, so I'm wondering if the extra seat height will be a deal breaker. It's a lot of money to find out it doesn't work for me.

Old 11-09-2012 | 02:12 PM
gnewman
|
Road Captain

Originally Posted by Uncle G.
Now that's the very thing I've been looking for all these years. I've been wanting the "old school" solo seat on my Heritage almost since I've had it. What's stopped me is that I never liked any of the mounting solutions involving a pivot in front and two barrel springs in back. I really like the "cantilever" look of the old sprung seat.

All that's holding me up now is wondering how I will like the change in riding position with this setup, as this mount will definately place me higher up and further forward. Anybody else tried this setup? How is the quality of the mount kit? Is the change in riding position dificult to adjust to? I have a 30" inseam, so I'm wondering if the extra seat height will be a deal breaker. It's a lot of money to find out it doesn't work for me.
I'm curious too. I'm going to give CC a call soon and start asking these questions. I've got a 34" inseam so don't think I'm too worried about height but am curious about being closer to the tank. I'll let you know what I find out.

Old 11-09-2012 | 03:32 PM
BACON84
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Vic Bronco
Best I can find at the moment. I'd go out and snap some close ups, but it's currently at the dealership waiting to have it's fate decided by the insurance company between salvage or repair.
Oh Vic sorry to hear that.... your bike looks sick!

Old 11-09-2012 | 06:21 PM
spoonie
Tourer

1925 original solo. Search Ebay Harley Davidson motorcycle seats. Same 'tractor seat in imitation leather are pretty cheap. I went leather but to each his own........

Quick Reply: Tractor style spring seats