Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Beach bar owners post up your pics riding

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2012, 11:17 PM
kjmahoney85
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

They look comfortable going straight but how are they in the turns?

Old 10-23-2012, 08:35 AM
SprungDave
Road Warrior
Received 46 Likes on 30 Posts

Phew, lots of questions....

Just for the record, I ride pretty regularly with only one hand, but, so far, I have not ridden with drink in the other hand!

I prefer to think that when I do ride with both hands on the bars, it looks like a retro (vintage motorcycle) riding position, but if you see "pushing a wheelbarrow", then that is what you see. No one has ever said that to me or made that observation known to me before.

The bike handles great in the turns, unless you are on a sport-bike, you will not lose me. The bars offer great stability and control. I don't know about other riders, but when I go through turns, the bars needn't move much as the leaning does most of the turning. Low speed turns that do require turning the bars is even easier due to my increased leverage, so it is kind of like having power steering. A full-lock u-turn has one hand practically on my lap and the other hand WTF out there. Easy to do, though.

These bars are, by far, the most comfortable I have ridden with. Just two weeks ago I did a 600+ miler in one day - easy. My wrists, arms, back, etc. were very comfortable on that and all of my other rides.

On the day when that picture was taken, I was finishing up a 400 miler and was cruising through Zion with almost no traffic (in fact I was on a road that prohibited all but Zion Park busses - read: no traffic) and taking in its majesty, so I was extra relaxed. I was looking forward to setting up camp (my sleeping bag is my backrest on these type of trips). Usually (everyday riding) there is nothing behind my rider's seat but my chrome fender rack.

Hey, I don't want to try to convince anyone to get the bars I have. I like them, hopefully you like yours as much as I do mine. I ride for my pleasure, hopefully folks are riding for their own pleasure too, not other's approval.

I'm located about 30 miles south of Clovis. If you want to ride, just PM me.

Ride safe my friends.

P.S. A couple more pictures of me pushing my wheelbarrow:

And sitting still:

Old 10-23-2012, 09:44 AM
DynaJ
Road Master
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

maybe I missed it but what bars are you running? I know beach bars but the brand & model would help...It looks comfortable for sure.

Old 10-23-2012, 10:16 AM
Nokkon Wud
Grand HDF Member

Received 1,544 Likes on 839 Posts

I love my Beach Bars!

Attached Thumbnails Beach bar owners post up your pics riding-100media36imag0888.jpg  
Old 10-23-2012, 12:03 PM
SprungDave
Road Warrior
Received 46 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by DynaJ
maybe I missed it but what bars are you running? I know beach bars but the brand & model would help...It looks comfortable for sure.
Man, just rode through lancaster on my way to Tucson the other week! Let me know if you want a ride into the sierras or to the central coast.

The bars are Burly Longhorns. Grips installed they measure 42"-43" grip tip to grip tip (48" from lever tip to lever tip) with 19" of pull back.

Old 10-23-2012, 02:07 PM
Benway
Elite HDF Member
Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

My bars aren't cranked down for a photo-shoot, so they're very comfy and handle great. I kept them on the narrow side so I could still turn around in a parking lot, lol.

They are more touchy being wider though, don't let anyone tell you different. Wind hitting me on the highway affects my steering a straight line a bit too and keeping the wife's high center of gravity weight upright is a tad more work.

Wouldn't trade the look for anything though.

Old 10-23-2012, 04:06 PM
tripwire759
Road Warrior
Received 50 Likes on 29 Posts

Here is a picture of mine. 38 wide and I have no issues, goofy or not I like it.

Attached Thumbnails Beach bar owners post up your pics riding-cripple-creek-ride.jpg  
Old 10-23-2012, 04:29 PM
dansax
Elite HDF Member
Received 51 Likes on 41 Posts

I'm running Burley Bikini Beach bars. Very comfortable. Like cruising on an easy chair.

Attached Thumbnails Beach bar owners post up your pics riding-dscf0630.jpg   Beach bar owners post up your pics riding-dscf0634.jpg   Beach bar owners post up your pics riding-dscf0629.jpg  
Old 10-23-2012, 06:07 PM
DynaJ
Road Master
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by SprungDave
Man, just rode through lancaster on my way to Tucson the other week! Let me know if you want a ride into the sierras or to the central coast.

The bars are Burly Longhorns. Grips installed they measure 42"-43" grip tip to grip tip (48" from lever tip to lever tip) with 19" of pull back.
Sounds good I'm always in for an adventure!

Old 10-23-2012, 09:20 PM
509Rider
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

A lot of good info here, thanks guys keep the pics coming

Quick Reply: Beach bar owners post up your pics riding