Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Apes and a Batwing

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2012 | 08:24 AM
Eagle240
Tourer
Old 10-22-2012 | 10:04 AM
dgprince
Novice

I am seriously considering on putting the extended saddlebags on my 2009 Deluxe. Havent thought about a Batwing, cause I think it would take away from the look I am going for.Apes and a Batwing-deluxe-biketoberfest-2.jpg

Old 10-22-2012 | 11:56 AM
Benway
Elite HDF Member

I can see wanting to go with the apes, but also a batwing? Say it ain't so!

Old 10-27-2012 | 09:30 AM
thelawnmowerman
|
Road Warrior

Just cant take the chance on buying a set of Carlini's and them not to fit, I've e-mailed Carlini for a definitive answer but still no reply, if I cant get an answer then I've managed to find a Bar maker who will make me a custom set from stainless and get a perfect fit, hopefully I wont have to go down this road, they need to look good with and without the Batwing, as it wont be fitted a lot of the time.

Old 10-27-2012 | 03:35 PM
oct1949
Club Member

Mower dude..

I really don't know U, but I've followed U post for a while and I love Ur bike....

I am in the older generation and not hip to the most of the Young-ens in here Nor do I follow the Cali-for-nia look...

BUT from these over 60 eyes Ur bike is Bruit-ti-full..

I had apes when I was young, Yea, I thought they where COOL. but it made riding a lot different.. First I couldn't turn as good and at hi-way speed I felt like I was going to fly oof the bike.

IMO with the Bat wing, I am thinging she'd look better with Ur B-Bars than High Apes.. again just me...

Ur bike, Ur choice... either way theirs a lot of HD owners over her that would love to have Ur Ride.

Old 10-27-2012 | 04:56 PM
thelawnmowerman
|
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by oct1949
Mower dude..

I really don't know U, but I've followed U post for a while and I love Ur bike....

I am in the older generation and not hip to the most of the Young-ens in here Nor do I follow the Cali-for-nia look...

BUT from these over 60 eyes Ur bike is Bruit-ti-full..

I had apes when I was young, Yea, I thought they where COOL. but it made riding a lot different.. First I couldn't turn as good and at hi-way speed I felt like I was going to fly oof the bike.

IMO with the Bat wing, I am thinging she'd look better with Ur B-Bars than High Apes.. again just me...

Ur bike, Ur choice... either way theirs a lot of HD owners over her that would love to have Ur Ride.

You know what Oct, You may have something there, along with everyone else calling out to me not to go apes, think sometimes I'm just looking for something to do, just been talking it over here and decided to lay off the thought of apes for a while, at least until the Batwing is painted and fitted to see how it turns out, I've had negative comments about the Batwing too, but got to take for what it is, which is a detachable item that will give me another option for a change in looks, in roughly 20 seconds, and some tunes thrown in too, how can that be not right, but I'll admit I will always prefer the look without it.
I really do like the look of some of the guys Deluxe's on here with the Carlini's and the Hardbags, they look killer, and its not like it would be cheap to change those bars out either probably looking at 5-600$ plus labour so I could save mayself some dough too.
Not sure whether I'd class myself as one of the older crew here or not probably somewhere in the middle at 48 yrs, thing is when you've stared the end right in the face like I did a few years back with throat cancer,
(total recovery with some scary scarring) you want to cram as much as possible into your life.. LOL
And thanks for the comments on the ride.

Old 10-31-2012 | 12:12 PM
SprungOne
Novice

I have a MS Batwing and 10" Todd's Strip Bars and I like the look and ride. The Fairing can be completely removed in 5 seconds for a totally different look. (I leave mine on most of the time now though) Hope this helps.

Attached Thumbnails Apes and a Batwing-softail.jpg  
Old 11-01-2012 | 10:43 AM
DynaJ
Road Master

I'm interested in the look that your batwing will have with the beach bars..I am insatlling bikini bars as we speak ( well the dealer is LOL ) put some pics up when you get that thing painted.

Old 11-01-2012 | 12:39 PM
Hogpro
Former Sponsor

This thread makes me wonder if the bars are going to need the curve like apes for batwing baggers at the bottom so that they will clear the fairing. Obviously the softail is a different bike so the distance between the risers and fairing is probably different. I think that with items like a fairing looks is important but not as important as if you don't have one as a fairing is a utilitarian item ont eh bike that serves a valuable function if you are willing to sacrifice looks for the fairing things such as the angle of the bars and all are not nearly as important.

I'm a softail purist meaning that I would never put a fairing on mine, but that is just me. I have a Dyna with a fairing and bags should I really need it.

Old 11-01-2012 | 01:57 PM
pops2ride
Tourer
Default Apes and a Batwing

Originally Posted by thelawnmowerman
Finally got my Batwing today, Was originally getting the Kuryakyn airmaster one in a great deal, unfortunately the shipping charges meant the vendor backed out, so I managed to get a deal on a Deadcentercycles item, to be honest it's the one I preferred all along as its quick detachable, got to say the quality of this fairing is superb, it comes in black gelcoat and the finish is that good that if my bike was black i'd be tempted to ride with it, it almost looks like its painted already, very impressive, no pics yet till its painted.
Back to the question, I'm still hankering after a set of Carlini Gangsters, anyone seen these bars on a softail with a Batwing, I realise it may split opinions as some people I know believe thet its not a good combo,
Be cool if anyone had pics to show me, assuming that is, that they will fit and not be fouled by the fairing.
You're kiddin' right????? a fairing?????

Quick Reply: Apes and a Batwing