Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Motorcycle Lift

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2012 | 05:07 PM
jokr
Road Captain

do yourself a favor and go on you tube and type in sears yellow jack ,then j & s or pit bull Then if you cant make up your mind keep asking ? on here you should get your answer very quickly just by watching the videos

Old 10-19-2012 | 05:18 PM
FLYING_BURRITO_BROTHER
NOT A MODERATOR

I can't see spending $450 on a bike jack. A bike LIFT..maybe.

The Larin works as needed and I've used it for 3 years. It is damn stable...especially with the swing out stabilizers.

Old 10-19-2012 | 05:45 PM
jreichart
Road Warrior

Here's a pic of mine:

Old 10-19-2012 | 06:04 PM
oct1949
Club Member

I've had the HF yellow one for 6yrs, its the same as the Sears Red verson.

I haven't done a major tear down, but its fine for cleaning and storing the bike over winter.

Son has the same HF one and his has been fine for 5ys..

I'll agree that its fast on the down speed, but drill a 5/16th hole through the down pedal and tap a hole for 1/4-20 in the frame right below it then put a 1/4'' bolt through the pedal the right length and it'll go down as slow as U want it to when U screw it down.

Also I drilled out the bolt holes in the frame and put in 1/16th small bolts and it will go under the bike without putting it on 2x4's to raise it.

Its not the best one out there, but 6yrs ago it was on sale for $49.99, pretty good price vs some of the other for just all the I use it for.

Old 10-19-2012 | 06:27 PM
Warp Factor
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by moparbobby
red sears jack been using it on the regular base's for my 2004 heritage and lawn tractor quads also double's as a transmission or gas tank jack 8 years old no problem
I picked up the Sears jack this evening. It looks like it is basically the same product as a lot of other cheap jacks, but I bought it local for 115 bucks, the Sears version has a one year warranty, and I can return it in 30 days if not satisfied for any reason (no return shipping cost).

I realize that some of these have had some quality problems, but maybe I got a good one. I have a year to find out, which is better than Harbor Freight, and most other suppliers of what basically looks like the same jack. I also realize that there have been complaints about the lowering speed, but just tap the lowering pedal repeatedly instead of pushing it all the way, and it isn't a problem

Right now, the Rocker is sitting on it, and it seems quite stable without any tiedowns. Tiedowns are included though.
I don't think it will survive high use, like regular use in a motorcycle shop, because it doesn't have bushings or bearings in high wear areas, but it's probably good enough for a guy like me who might want to jack the scooter up once a week or so.

Last edited by Warp Factor; 10-19-2012 at 07:11 PM.
Old 10-19-2012 | 07:44 PM
Sgt_Jim
Outstanding HDF Member

The one that OP posted is almost identical to the one i got from PepBoys for $30, and so far my $30 one has outlasted a $120 jack my old man had.

Old 10-19-2012 | 11:02 PM
mac1911
Road Master

You might check out Bulldog Jacks. They are around $450 new, but you might be able to find a used one for less. I went with that for a few years and it worked great. It is very stable. I finally made the investment and stepped up to a commercial grade lift table. Wow, there is no going back now.

Old 10-20-2012 | 07:13 AM
Guitardude
Club Member

Nothing is sadder than seeing a friend spend 100.00 on a jack only to drop 20K worth of Ultra and what started as a simple oil change turned in to 5 weeks at the dealer replacing left side bags, fuel tank, faring, new bars, clutch lever...and then finding that he also tweeked the frame...and since the bike was in his garage, and was dropped off a jack, the insurance company stiffed him on the 7500 in repairs, saying his home owners should pay.

J&S, hands down...or buy a regular lift...The J&S pays for it's self in 3 oil changes.

http://www.jsjacks.com/

Old 10-20-2012 | 10:11 AM
Knucky
Road Captain

I have the yellow jack from Sears and the $300 lift table from Harbor. I use the table for complex jobs and the jack for cleaning the bike, simple jobs, and winter storage. Happy to have both and satisfied with the quality of both.

Old 10-20-2012 | 10:25 AM
Bluraven
Grand HDF Member

Does suspending a bike on a jack for an extended period of time not hurt it (suspension wise)? I wouldn't mind paying a higher price for a jack if I could also use it to position the bike in my garage for weeks on end during the winter.

Quick Reply: Motorcycle Lift