Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Horn Advice?

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2012, 08:34 PM
Midgard
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Warp Factor
Zero ground?
Ya choose your risks. One of the biggest is riding a motorcycle. We can talk about where to go from there once that decision is made.

I'm a former California sportbike canyon carver. We'd get about 1 death in the canyons each weekend. To this day, I wear a full-coverage helmet. I also have a "modulating headlight".
Wasnt directed at you - I was talking to the "horn enforcer" in regards to him laughing at my stupidity for not having a horn, yet his avatar pic is him riding with no helmet on (and once again I want to state I have ZERO problem with not wearing a helmet)

Originally Posted by Motown Strag
We have to tell each other that if you dont have a horn then no one can hear you honk your horn?

Everybody here knows that no horn or no helmet or splitting lanes is dangerous...lectures are boring.

Lets skip the obvious stuff, less to argue about.

No chit - I agree - done~

Last edited by Midgard; 10-19-2012 at 08:36 PM.
Old 10-19-2012, 08:39 PM
Warp Factor
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 88 Likes on 76 Posts

Originally Posted by Midgard
Wasnt directed at you - I was talking to the "horn enforcer" in regards to him laughing at my stupidity for not having a horn, yet his avatar pic is him riding with no helmet on....
Thanks, I was already aware of all that.

Old 10-19-2012, 10:29 PM
Guitardude
Club Member
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Thanks for the tips.

I have been riding for almost 20 years myself and I don't think I have ever even used my horn once. I took my reflectors off as well - you want to lecture me about that as well?

Over 100 near miss accidents and your horn was the reason you are here to tell us about it - maybe you should be paying more attention

I think you meant stupidity not stupidly (who's stupid now lol)

ps ; I have nothing against not wearing a helmet - but you riding around with no helmet on really leaves you zero ground to stand on.

REAL old school - nah... you're just old ~~
You don't do basic math, do you...or read real well either for that matter, *******.

That works out to about 3 times a year that someone will start to change lanes into me because I ended up stuck in a blind spot...or start to pull out of a drive way...or an intersection...in front of me...and the horn got their attention when the loud pipes sure as hell didn't, and continuing to rev the engine while trying to get out of the way sure as hell isn't your smartest option. Let me think about this, clutch in, engine reved, still coming because the loud pipes are a sound they were already used to...and YOU have no horn because you wanted to look cool. So you end up on the pavement. And if you're not riding on a regular basis where that can happen, then you're not riding much, are you?

So ride with a horn, don't ride with a horn, I really could not give a chit less. You impress me as the type of guy who thinks because he has the bike and rides, what, 5,000 mile a year? If that? That you seem to know everything there is to know and no one elses experience or input matters...and that makes you not only STUPID but dangerous.

Don't like what I had to say, fine, when you see I made a post, don't bother to read it, but making the snide comments just show you for what you are, an *** who no mater how many years you claim to have been riding really and truly has no clue about what RIDING is vs just putting around trying to show everyone how cool you think you are.

Last edited by Guitardude; 10-19-2012 at 10:35 PM.
Old 10-19-2012, 10:48 PM
Midgard
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

*******?? lol Did I hit a soft spot? (and I dont mean your torso)

You forgot to tell me why you don't wear a helmet yet you are lecturing me about how unsafe it is not to have a horn lol

Old 10-19-2012, 11:19 PM
Ramboamt
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Oh, Oh, what, Don't go, Gotta stay, a pissing match !!!

Old 10-19-2012, 11:58 PM
FLYING_BURRITO_BROTHER
NOT A MODERATOR
Received 20,424 Likes on 7,999 Posts

To each their own.

I would not ride without a horn or a helmet....every bit of safety matters to me.

Old 10-20-2012, 05:27 AM
Guitardude
Club Member

*******?? lol Did I hit a soft spot? (and I dont mean your torso)

You forgot to tell me why you don't wear a helmet yet you are lecturing me about how unsafe it is not to have a horn lol

Look, TODD...you took a comment I made and decided to make it a personal attack on me. And then when I replied to THAT post you want to continue to make it a PERSONAL attack rather than tell anyone why YOUR choice not to have a horn makes more sense than having one.

As for me wearing a helmet or not wearing a helmet, that is my CHOICE. If you'll look at the picture you will see that I do have one on the T-Bag, and there are times I will wear it...but a helmet never, not ONE TIME, EVER kept anyone from having someone change lanes into them, and since you really haven't any idea where that picture happens to have been taken, let me just say, TOOL, I mean TODD, should you happen to go down on that road, rather you have a helmet or not would be the LEAST of your problems. And NOT wearing a helmet is LEGAL where I live, TODD.

Oh, and TODD? I got to looking back over some of your posts, and was so grateful to see the spelling mistakes you had made. Since the fact that I misspelled STUPIDITY seemed to really bother you...once again just one of those things you decided to key on because you had no reasonable defense of your position of NOT having a horn other than believing the patch on your own RUB vest that states "Loud Pipes Save Lives".

They don't.

So, either address the issue that this thread was about or have a coke and a smile and shut the hell up. Either way you really want to rethink your plan of ignoring the real issue of you not being able to defend your position so you attack me personally, trying instead to make an issue of my choice of helmet/no helmet without knowing a DAMN THING about the way I ride, how much I ride, or where I ride.

Old 10-20-2012, 05:46 AM
Knucky
Road Captain
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I'm throwing a flag down on the field.
Excessive use of BOLD, no gain on the play, repeat 3rd down.

Old 10-20-2012, 06:09 AM
Guitardude
Club Member

Originally Posted by Knucky
I'm throwing a flag down on the field.
Excessive use of BOLD, no gain on the play, repeat 3rd down.

lol...sorry.

Old 10-20-2012, 08:12 AM
SBRob
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,329 Likes on 1,712 Posts

LOL...all this drama about the OP asking if there is a better/louder horn than the OEM horn on his bike.

Quick Reply: Horn Advice?