Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rocker C + Heartland Mods

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2012, 09:10 AM
KSchmidt
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rocker C + Heartland Mods

Hey all..I have an '08 Rocker C that I just love but looking at upgrading the seat. I am considering the Heartland E-Z 240 conversion of the back fender and seat. I was told by Heartland that I needed to drop the bike 2" in order to use this kit. After looking at several pics, it appears that there is very little wheel travel space between the tire and fender. Can anyone that has this conversion on their Rocker tell me how the ride is? Does it become more of a hardtail ride? Any other thoughts on this conversion?

Thanks!!!

Old 10-11-2012, 11:18 AM
Warp Factor
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 88 Likes on 76 Posts

I suppose you could lower the bike first with the inexpensive shock-rod extensions, ride it for a while, and see what you think.

Me, I'm not willing to give up 2/3 of my suspension travel, or any cornering clearance.

I don't see why the Heartland kit wouldn't work without lowering though. It just wouldn't look nearly as good.

Last edited by Warp Factor; 10-11-2012 at 11:25 AM.
Old 10-11-2012, 01:18 PM
KSchmidt
3rd Gear

I was told by Heartland that I had to lower the bike 2". I agree...give up 2/3rds of your suspension has to equate to a different ride. Looking for response from owners that has this kit installed....

Old 10-11-2012, 01:20 PM
Hogpro
Former Sponsor
Received 47 Likes on 44 Posts

I wonder why you HAVE to lower the bike 2". My assumption which is probably wrong would be that not lowering will leave the fender far above the tire making it look like crap but I guess the Rocker might different than other softails due to the swingarm mounted fender.

Old 10-11-2012, 01:58 PM
Warp Factor
Outstanding HDF Member

If your main objective is upgrading the seat, have you looked at the Danny Gray seats for the Rocker? They fill in the gap between the seat and fender. The back of the seat rubs against the fender as a result, but there's a clear plastic adhesive covering that protects the fender.

Always a bunch on Ebay:
http://motors.shop.ebay.com/i.html?_...y+Rocker+seats

Old 10-11-2012, 02:54 PM
micahpop
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

You don't have to lower the rear 2". It just looks much better lowered, without a big gap between the fender and tire.

I have the shotgun shocks now but I rode my Rocker for about 2 years with the Heartland kit and lowered rear. It's not a terrible ride but you tend to look out for expansion joints in the freeway - they'll give you a good jolt. Don't know how the roads are like in Kentucky but if you're set on getting the HL kit, I would lower the rear.

As with most things, there's a compromise that you have to make. Looks vs. limited suspension travel or better suspension vs. ugly gap. Or Shotguns vs. $$$

Old 10-11-2012, 02:55 PM
KSchmidt
3rd Gear

Yes...the Danny Grey seat is #1 on my list. I like the quick detach second seat by heartland and the no gap that heartland has. I am feeling Danny Grey may be the way I go...

Old 10-11-2012, 03:01 PM
Hogpro
Former Sponsor
Received 47 Likes on 44 Posts

That was what I thought. A large gap between the rear fender and the tire makes the bike look like a dirt bike. Lower it proper with an air ride. Everyone knows which is the best.

Old 10-11-2012, 10:23 PM
jpit11
Cruiser
Received 11 Likes on 2 Posts

Go with the Danny Grey seat. My buddy has it and it looks perfect. Totally changes the look of the bike. If HD had a seat like this from the factory I bet the Rocker would have sold much better

Old 10-12-2012, 12:37 AM
Warp Factor
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by jpit11
If HD had a seat like this from the factory I bet the Rocker would have sold much better
Maybe so. But I've still got to hand it to HD for coming up with a fender which hugs the tire without compromising suspension travel, and also integrates a 15-second-removable passenger seat.

I don't always say flattering things about HD, but I'll give them credit where credit is due.

I'd also like to give Heartland credit. How different is the new CVO Breakout from a Rocker with the Heartland kit, and a few other tweaks?

Quick Reply: Rocker C + Heartland Mods